Complaint Review: Elvira Tarshus

• Reported By: steven — Westminster California
Elvira Tarshus
St John, Indiana USA

Elvira Tarshus A 944 convertible inherite from her divorce St John Indiana

I saw an ad in Cars For Sale, a red 1991 944 Convertible, 166000 miles. At first the location was in Westminster Ca, which is where I live. Send her an inquiry about the location of the car so I can come and inspect the car. NO response.

Two days later, Elvira sent an email stating that she was at sea as a marine engineer, have limited access to the internet as well as the phone....all transaction must go through with Yahoo Autos, she then asked me for my address and phone number so Yahoo Autos can send me an invoice for the transaction.

So far so good as planned, next day I received all the info. and instruction to send money to a guy name JOSE LOPEZ in Minneapolis, MN. She said the car is there and as soon as Jose get the down payment, he will ship the car to my address. I sent an email to her asking for more info about the car, such as the last service, the condition of the interior, ect. [continued below]....

.......She did not answer to all the questions, just saying that she inherited this car from her divorce and want to get rid of it since she doesn't it anymore.

I call the number 408-414-7463 which is a San Jose, Ca number, first time he didn't answer, the second time he just want to know whether I'm ready to transfer the money to Jose in Minneapolis. I told him it will cost me more money to send thru Western Union, whether  Cashier Check with Fedex will be acceptable.

NO NO NO, she pay for the shipping, you have 5 days to inspect, she is losing money more than you.....I felt the pressure. Went home , looked up the phone number, send her an email stating that I will need more time to investigate this. My email was returned.

Never heard from HER or the YAHOO AUTOS REPRESENTATIVE again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elvira-Tarshus/St-John-Indiana-46373/Elvira-Tarshus-A-944-convertible-inherite-from-her-divorce-St-John-Indiana-1069830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elvira Tarshus