Complaint Review: eM Client

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — Courtenay British Columbia
eM Client
440 N. Wolfe Road Sunnydale, California USA

eM Client Purchase of eM Client Pro failed to deliver advertised functionality Sunnydale California

*Author of original report: eM Client Support Works

The free version of eM Client may work for some people who do not have more than two email addresses. However, do not get sucked into buying what is advertised as the licensed "Pro" version. I found no evidence that there is a "Pro" version that is any different than the free version, and you do not get any additional functionality through paying this money. You just get a "deactivate-activate" button. I just got further insulted by getting, as a "valued user", an offer to upgrade to the Pro version including the promised free upgrade to version 6 all for half the price I just paid to buy my licensed Pro version! The best I can understand is the support team consists of one person located 10 time-zones east of their Sunnyvale, California business address. Unless you enjoy staying up past 2:00 AM to exchange unhelpful emails, recognize that this so-called "enterprise" service does not service any enterprise.

The company advertises "100% money-back guarantee", but there is no visible link on their support or help pages that hints at how to request this refund. Anyway, I am more interested in advising and protecting other potential customers than gtting $50 back.

Furthermore, the fact that eM Client discovers your entire contact list, even on a new, bare computer without your input worries me. That is unlike MS Outlook, for which you have to import a pst file to add your contacts.

Do not encourage this kind of business through paying anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eM-Client/Sunnydale-California-94085/eM-Client-Purchase-of-eM-Client-Pro-failed-to-deliver-advertised-functionality-Sunnydale-1085809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eM Client

eM Client Support Works

AUTHOR: elderone1 - ()

I was offered a refund, but I really wanted to determine if eM Client Pro could be fully functional for me, and therefore an application that would not disappoint others also. I persisted and got very capable support by schedule in my own time zone. My support technologist took at least 75 minutes using Teamviewer in control of my computer to correct problems, some of which were probably of my own doing. Interactions of settings designed to maximize computer security and customize them to a specific service provider presented a challenge.

I am now pleased with eM Client Pro and its customer support, and see advantages in its user interface for our family, and likely for many other users.  I appreciate that the cost of the time they used in providing this support was probably many times greater than the price paid for the product. I hope they too learned of factors that will permit more customers to enjoy the application's benefits quickly.

Sincerely,