Complaint Review: emachines

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2013

• Reported By: Angie — Park Hills Missouri
emachines
p.o. box 43143 Providence, Rhode Island USA

emachines gatewaykcc class action services emachines settlement charged my checking acct. instead of giving credit. Im charged bounced check fees! Its a scam! Providence Rhode Island

The emachines class action settlement illegally charged my checking account via my debit card instead of redeeming my certificate. I received the certificate in the mail I went to the site they told me to go to, which was different than the first one they told me it would be. Their was only one item close to the $365 redeemable amount I was allowed it was for $379.99 so I chose it. I was led to believe i would see the "credit" on the next page, or a confirm your order, I did not. emachines just charged the entire $379.99 to my checking account. I did not have that much in the bank I only allowed for the difference so now i have a bounced check charge. Their are no phone numbers to reach them. It took me two days to process my claim because i didnt want to give them my card numbers, I have since learned you must give them your credit card number to process your certificate even if they had something lower than $365. How many people have they stolen from? Even the interest alone on illegal charges (untill they can be reversed) would cover this settlement for them! I am angry as hell. And i see another lawsuit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/emachines/Providence-Rhode-Island-02940/emachines-gatewaykcc-class-action-services-emachines-settlement-charged-my-checking-acct-1068727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on emachines