Complaint Review: emachinesredeem.com

• Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: RICHIE — Callaway Florida
emachinesredeem.com
mesquite ?, Texas USA

emachinesredeem.com computer fraud, warranty fraud, outragous behavior mesquite ? Texas

In January I ordered an Acer Iconia Win 8 tablet from emachinesredeem.com as part of the emachines lawsuit settlement. The machine I got was dead, totally dead.  I called the support number expecting a replacement. NO!  I had to send in the tablet to be repaired.  After two weeks I received my tablet back.  It worked, sort of.  The screen did not follow the orientation of the tablet.  Again I called warranty support and was told I had too wait 10 days till the repair report showed up at their office, by carrier pigeon I suspect.  Again I was told to send the computer back, and again they paid shipping both ways.  Two weeks later my ACER tablet showed up, and now the screen orientation worked some of the time, but there was a new problem.  I got a notification that I needed to buy a $129 product key to use WIN 8.  Back went the tablet again. I just got the Tablet back and their solution was to have the machine run under an Administrator key.  Unfortunately no apps will run under this situation, except of course ACER stuff.  Worse yet the battery seems to be mostly dead.  Again I am in the 10 day waqiting period, hoping their only carrier pigeon doesn't get lost or die.

My advise, if you get a bad computer on this site, throw it away.  It will cost you more in grief than it's worth!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/emachinesredeemcom/mesquite-Texas/emachinesredeemcom-computer-fraud-warranty-fraud-outragous-behavior-mesquite-Texas-1131664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on emachinesredeem.com