Complaint Review: emerchantclub

• Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: sharon — hiddenite North Carolina United States of America
emerchantclub
simi valley, California United States of America

emerchantclub smart living corporation denies my cancelling and took my money anyway, now they claim its nonrefundable and have no website simi valley California

I contacted Smart Living Corp. to find out about their products and membership. I was interested in finding out about their product because their website did not show much. I understood I needed to pay $40.00 so that i could see prices and such. This is on their website. I don't remember actually signing up for membership, but obviously they say I did and got a free membership?. I thought they were going to send me a catalog and some info. The next day a women called and said she was my coach. I ask her some questions and was still waiting for the catalog and info.  The next day a guy named Shawn Adams called from emerchant club, but said smart living. He was to set up a website for our sales. It was all very confusing and very misleading, and vague. We gave him our debit card info. and he was going to charge us $199.00 on Nov 3rd. There was calls after that about not getting the info they had promised. On oct. 31st we called to cancell and to tell them to cancell the debit. We also called our bank to do a stop payment. On Nov 2 we called to verify the cancellation. On Nov 5 they debited my account anyway. Of course the stop payment didn't work either because it was on a debit card.  I heard nothing from emerchant about the web page or anything until Nov 5 after they took my money.  Now conviently they have no record of my calling to cancel. They claim they told us it was nonrefundable. They have not made any website for me because I have to do some contract and info for it. But they still are going to keep my money. I feel this is a scam by emerchant club and smart living corp. Beware these two businesses will steal your money and lie about everything they tell you!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/emerchantclub/simi-valley-California-/emerchantclub-smart-living-corporation-denies-my-cancelling-and-took-my-money-anyway-now-966460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on emerchantclub