Complaint Review: Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Tue, January 04, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 04, 2005

• Reported By:Walnut California
Emerge Mastercard
P.O. Box 105667, Atlanta GA 30348 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Emerge Mastercard Misrepresentation on the telephone and closure of my account with out reason. Ripoff! Atlanta Georgia

More than a year ago Providian Financial tranferred my account to Emerge Mastercard without informing me. I received a new Emerge card via US mail. Although they had raised my interest rate to 29.99% and I was not happy, I was making timely payments. I was out to dinner with friends and used the card which had a $3300 limit. It was declined. I noticed that the card had expired and I did not receive a new card from Emerge. I phoned them the next day and they indicated that they did not send out a renewal card since my account had past due history.

Even though I was current at the time they still refused. I called again to complain and issisted I would not pay until I received my card especially since now I was paying 29.99% interest. They indicated that if I make three consecutive payments and scheduled them with an upfront commitment using my Banking Info, that I would be reestablished with a new card. After the third payment posted I did not receive my new card. I called again and they said they could not do it afterall.

I spoke with a supervisor and she indicated that if I just paid again that she would open the account. I was suckered again without my credit line. I then refused to pay anything further until my credit line was reestablished. Needless to say they did not reopen my account. They are now affecting my credit and I am stuck. They have now offered a 0% payment offer if I make another 3 month payment committment but I still do not trust them. This company is ruthless and they do not uphold to their claims.

Walnut, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2005 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Emerge-Mastercard/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Emerge-Mastercard-Misrepresentation-on-the-telephone-and-closure-of-my-account-with-out-re-125700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Emerge Mastercard