Complaint Review: emodel/options Talent

• Submitted: Tue, November 12, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, July 19, 2003

• Reported By:Rex GA
emodel/options Talent
70 Perimeter Center East Suite 7025, Atlanta, GA 30346 Atlanta,, Georgia U.S.A.

Emodel Options Talent mistreated and ripped off Atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: No

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: MOM THAT IS VERY ANGRY WITH THIS COMPANY

*Consumer Suggestion: MOM WHO TOOK THE BAIT RESPONDS. I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP

Last November after a talent search, we had promises made to us, the talent scouts even seem to be concern about moral issues and education for my twins, however being new to all of this, we got taken to the tune of about $1000. Anyway I have sent several letters, email to emodel/options talent to cancel the account and refund our money. I have not received any acknowledgement from the company, not even a note to say they have received the correspondences. A conversation with Samuel Hancock David Micheal (from the Orlando office) insured us a refund if not satisfied, we have been unsatisfied for a year now. I am appalled that businesses are able to rip innocent people off and are allowed to get away with it.

I just want a refund and to put this nightmare in the past and hopefully put some insight to others seeking careers in modeling "Don't pay any amount of money up from to an agency" because real jobs and agents only get paid after you do.

Matilda
Atlanta, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2002 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/emodeloptions-Talent/Atlanta-Georgia-30346/Emodel-Options-Talent-mistreated-and-ripped-off-Atlanta-Georgia-34917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on emodel/options Talent

AUTHOR: Erika - (U.S.A.)

You don't receive phone calls from the scouting company. You have to check your booking requests online. That's probably why you haven't heard anything. You're doing it wrong.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

MOM THAT IS VERY ANGRY WITH THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: AIMEE - (U.S.A.)

I am a mother that was in Oklahoma city in December of 2001 and my son was scouted and we went to the meeting and interview and they promised me that my son would not have a problem getting calls. well after a year came along he had no phone calls and so i called to complain and they said that they could not do anything about the 500.00 i spent on this but they would not charge me the fee each month for 2 years., well no i have found out that the name has changed 2 more times after option talent and no one notified me of this change, and i think that is unprofesional and basically i have been ripped off. i am a single mother that does not have a lot of income and this has given me nitemares and i demand my money back. they promised me that i would get all my money back within 6 months of signing up with calls for my son. i have never recveived a call from the agency ever and i think they are full of crap, and for everyone elese that this happened to, we should all get our money back, i am very unsatisfied and pissed- off and all i want is all my money back.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

MOM WHO TOOK THE BAIT RESPONDS. I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP

AUTHOR: RACHEL - ()

MATILDA, I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU PAID SO MUCH INTO THIS COMPANY AND NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND. MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TREATED THE SAME WAY, BUT I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP. I POSTED MY OWN REPORT SEVERAL DAYS AGO.

I AM NO ATTORNEY BUT I HAVE THE BALLS IF YOU WILL (NOT TRYING TO OFFEND YOU) TO GO AFTER THESE GUYS. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE PAID $$ TO TCT. I DID MY RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE.

I VERY MUCH WANT TO HELP ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I AM AN INDUSTRIAL LEGAL HEARING REPRESENTATIVE AND HAVE BEEN A MEDICAL WORK COMP BILL COLLECTOR FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS.

I GO AFTER THE BIG GUYS - THE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND DEFENSE ATTORNEY'S WHEN THEY DON'T PAY FOR DOCTOR'S MED BILLS ETC... IT'S VERY INVOLVED BUT I'M NOT INTIMATED BY ANYONE AND IF YOU WANT MY HELP CONTACTING TCT FOR YOU, I WILL SEND LETTERS AND FOLLOW-UP FOR YOU.

I WILL DO MORE RESEARCH ON THIS FOR YOU TOO AND WON'T ASK FOR ANYTHING IN RETURN! THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COMAPNY AND PERHAPS IN YOUR CITUATION IS THAT THERE WAS A 3-10 DAY RIGHT TO CANCEL POLICY THAT THEY PROBABLY NEGLICATED TO TELL YOU ABOUT. THIS 3 DAY RIGHT TO CANCEL STARTS ON THE DAY OF YOUR "OPEN CALL" OR 1ST AUDITION.

THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT THIS POLICY BUT i KNEW BETTER. THEIR TALENT EXEC. REQUESTED MY CREDIT CARD # ABOUT 6 TIMES OVER EVEN WHEN I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T HAVE THE $$. tHIS WAS THEIR WAY OF FINDING OUT IF I WAS "DEDICATED".

I DO WANT TO HELP. I WANT TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME AND WHAT A BETTER WAY TO START.