Complaint Review: Empi

• Reported By: Martin — Lake Ozark Missouri United States of America
Empi
599 Cardigan Road ST. Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Empi Empi-Tens Unit Rip-Off ST. Paul , Minnesota

After a recent shoulder surgery I had a doctors order to excersize with a piece of equiptment that helped do passive range of motion, the person making the delivery also brought a tens unit, and said there would be no cost to me if I decided to use it. Never used it, but like most of us if it's free, or the insurance company would pay for it, I could see the benefit in keeping it, so I did. Then I get a bill in the mail from Empi for 145.98 for the co pay of the unit plus materials. I called the company, talked to a very stern and rude woman, that informed me of my rights, NONE! If I got authorization to return the item I'd still be responsible for the daily rental, which would be more than the unit cost. And if I keep it, I had to pay the bill. I informed the person that I was told there'd be no cost, and she tells me that I was informed of all of this.. News to me, I needless to say am very upset, what are we to do? Would take more to take them to court, may have to seek out the advise of the attorney generals office and the better business bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empi/ST-Paul-Minnesota-55126/Empi-Empi-Tens-Unit-Rip-Off-ST-Paul-Minnesota-972200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empi