Complaint Review: empire carpet

• Reported By: debbybb — west orange New Jersey United States of America
empire carpet

empire carpet Scam artists and Cheaters Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

An Empire salesman came to my home and I picked a carpet.

When he measured the two rooms I was having them put carpet,  he came up with 850 square feet.  I had measured myself the day before and calculated much less however when I asked about the square footage the salesman just said his numbers were accurate.  I therefore did not pursue the topic and felt he knew his business better than I.

I gave him the required $200 deposit and he placed the order.  He wanted to install the next day but I was not available so I had to schedule it for the following week.

I thought the overall price of the carpet was higher than I wanted to spend and the carpet quality was not the best so I had some reservations with going forward with the Empire order.

My neighbor suggested I call a local carpet dealer in West Orange that she had used in the past.

The next day I called the West Orange carpet store and that evening he came to measure.  His measurement came in at 200 square feet less than Empire's measurement and the carpet he was selling me was excellent quality (Karastan).  In dollars that was an overcharge of almost one thousand dollars.

I was livid, especially since this same Empire salesman sold me carpet at my workplace about two years prior. I can't prove it but I have a feeling the same scenario happened there.

The next day I canceled my order with Empire customer service department within the time frame required to receive a refund of my $200.00 deposit.

Ten weeks and two phone calls later I still haven't received the refund.  Needless to say I ordered the carpet from the local carpet company and have since had it installed.

DebbyBB
West Orange, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/empire-carpet/internet/empire-carpet-Scam-artists-and-Cheaters-Internet-929893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on empire carpet

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Debra, we regret the delay in processing your refund. We understand your frustration, as we never want our customers to be inconvenienced. We understand that we have spoken to you about this matter, and that we have advised you of the current status of your refund. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager