Complaint Review: Empire carpet

orlando, Florida United States of America

Empire carpet carpet orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bulls**t, cover your a** response

*UPDATE Employee: Business Response

Beware!!  I saw an empire carpet commercial on television stating buy one room of carpet get two rooms free. I was in need of replacing the carpet of my daughters house so I called empire carpet. They showed up at the house faster than it would have taken fire rescue to arrive in a fire. The salesmen showed up and began to measure. I told him i was just looking to get a price because i had not gotten any other estimates. He then showed me numerous samples, none of the samples showed  the manufactures name carpet weight etc. The salesmen then told me the price would be $8,200 for the rooms i wanted. I said that seemed high and i wanted to get another estimate. He then said let me call my manager and the price dropped by $1000. I told him i still needed get another estimate, he became angry and said i wouldnt get a better price. I said no and he made another call the price dropped by another $600. I said no i wanted to get another price. I asked why the samples were so generic and didnt have manufacutures specs. He said empire was the largest purchaser of carpet and it was made for them. I told him i would let him know. I called a reputable local carpet company and they came out and measured. Not only were the mesurements different but so was the price. $3200 for the whole house. I picked a carpet which had specs, a broshure and warranty clearly stated. I didnt negociate with this person he was professional didnt have to make a fake phone call to his manager. I signed with this company. The empire sales person called me later that evening and offered me my last chance $4200 and he couldnt go any lower. He told me the same thing two times earlier that day.

Consumers please remember most states have a 72 hour period for you to cancel a contract signed in your home. Empire installs next day. Your right to cancel ends once the product is installed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-carpet/orlando-Florida-/Empire-carpet-carpet-orlando-Florida-728658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire carpet

Bulls**t, cover your a** response

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Entirely expected and subsequently Ignored.

Business Response

AUTHOR: Business Response - (United States of America)

We apologize that your experience with us didnt meet your expectations. When shopping with us, you can be assured youre receiving world-class service and only quality, name-brand products from leading manufacturers. I can guarantee you that all of our products come with both one year installation and manufacturer warranties. As our National Customer Service Manager, Id like the opportunity to speak with you more about your experience and your concerns with our company. If youre willing, please email me at customersupport@empiretoday.com or contact me via phone at 888-588-2315 x4195 and I will follow back with you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

mixture