Complaint Review: Empire Distributors

• Updated: Mon, March 25, 2013

• Reported By: Matt — Dallas Texas
Empire Distributors
Pheonix, Arizona United States of America

Empire Distributors Empire Marketing Group Promised Education and Advertising Campaign Pheonix, Arizona

First Internet Profit Sharing called promising a web site and education. Then they delivered not an ounce of education but a further pitch for an advertising campaign. Then Empire Distributors Called with the same promise. They delivered the same thing. I called IPS's number and got ED's voice mail. I got nothing for my money from IPS. ED's not getting anything because I canceled the payment. Do not give any money to Empire Distributors, or Empire Marketing Group.

Details:
I got a call from a company identifying themselves as Internet Profit Sharing. I was trying to make a living online and was interested in personalized education. That's what they promised me. Then the follow up call from the guy that was supposed to do the educating.

He wasn't offering education of any kind. He was offering an aggressive internet radio campaign. My dad was a broadcaster and this guy reminded me of him. His name was Casey.

His pitch had some points that stood out to me.

He was offering a promotion choice that utilized not the internet but a more traditional media option.
He said that he was always talking to people that couldn't make any money internet marketing until they met him.

He said "frankly, I'm damn good."

He offered to split the price of the package with me, the rest not being due until I tripled my money in a few months.

He told me write something down as though i needed to remember it then began to list features of a campaign.

3 features: an upgrade to my site, a specific number of "targeted" visitors, a media exposure.

I liked the guy and waited mostly unworried a reasonable time to give this campaign time to work. Then I got a call from a company called Empire Distributors. The best sales call I had ever got. I got more education from this guy about internet marketing than anybody else ever in a 20 min phone call. I was happy to sign up. Again it was the education I was buying. His name was mike and I find it hard to believe this helpful guy knew he was involved in a scam.

I then got a call from Robert Stevens. He had a speech impediment. He had no education to offer at all. He had a newspaper advertising campaign to sell me. His pitch hit all the points that Casey's had. Amused I agreed. It had been 6 weeks and I thought that that would be a reasonable time for Casey's campaign to start working, so I gave him a call. I got Robert Stevens Voice mail. Same guy. Damn.

Internet Profit Sharing has a web site that has a contact number. It tells you that your call is important, will be recorded to ensure quality, but first a brief offer for special customers. The damn thing drags on and on and then when it's over, you are disconnected. You call trying to reach a company, are assured that you will, then are forced to listen to an ad and then disconnected.

Internet Profit Sharing is Now Empire Distributors, also known as Empire Marketing Group. I'm not the first guy to get screwed. Don't let the name change fool you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Distributors/Pheonix-Arizona-/Empire-Distributors-Empire-Marketing-Group-Promised-Education-and-Advertising-Campaign-Phe-1037780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Distributors