Complaint Review: empire parking service

• Reported By: David Brown — Dunedin Florida United States of America
empire parking service
1039 Grant St Internet United States of America

empire parking service Illegally Booted my Car Internet

On September 13, 2012, I parked in a two hour spot for $5.  The full day price was $8.  My meeting ran 15 min long and I was booted.  A note left on my car stated I had to pay $75 to remove the boot.  When I asked the attendant where was the notice or contract that told me that I would be booted if a few minutes late, he stated that there was a small sign as you entered.  There was NO mention of this fine were you paid or by the car.  The sign just stated that unauthorized vehicles MAY be Impounded.  As I was not an unauthorized vehicle and there has no definition of what one was,  I felt a $75 fine for 15min was outrageous.  The attendant (#119) would hear none of it.  I had to pay the $75 to get my car.  I did it on Visa and now have disputed the charge as there was no contractual right or right through notice.  This was a private lot but I am amazed the Attorney General has not stepped in.  Look at all the complaints.

Atlanta shame on you for allowing this company to victimize your small businesses!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/empire-parking-service/internet/empire-parking-service-Illegally-Booted-my-Car-Internet-945658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on empire parking service