Complaint Review: EMPIRE TODAY CARPETS

• Updated: Tue, April 17, 2012

• Reported By: MelRose — RIVERSIDE California United States of America
EMPIRE TODAY CARPETS
SANTA FE SPRINGS, California United States of America

EMPIRE TODAY CARPETS BUY ONE GET TWO FREE NOT HONORED SANTA FE SPRINGS, California

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

Beware! This current promotion has a catch! I called to take advantage of this deal. My kitchen is the largest room, so that is the room I paid for, then I was to get 2 rooms carpeted for free! WRONG. Of course the "free" carpet is the lower grade, so I paid to upgrade the carpet, when the installers came out I noticed right away it was the lower grade, nice try there Empire on the bait and switch!

So along with the installers came a supervisor and when he overheard me talking to them about the carpet, he went in my house and lifted up a small piece of my old carpeting and starting taking pictures and claiming I had asbestos and told the installers not to install the new carpet. After speaking to the EPA I was informed pictures prove nothing and a sample would have to be sent to the lab for testing to confirm.

So here is where I'm at after speaking to countless reps and managers at Empire, I'm without my "free" carpet. But boy did I get suckered on this one, my kitchen flooring cost over $4,000! Empire will not hold up their end of the bargain, which was to give me the free carpet, plus they will not discount the cost of the kitchen floor to help offset the cost. I only agreed to have the flooring installed because of their deal, otherwise I either would have went with another company or just waited longer to have new flooring.

The sales rep is guilty of not providing Full Disclosure when he came to my house for the free estimate, of course his goal is to make the sale. But he mentioned my kitchen MAY (never tested or confirmed) have asbestos and that is why they laid the new floor directly on the old flooring. But he made NO mention that my carpeted areas may also have it, had he done so I would of course canceled out right then and there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMPIRE-TODAY-CARPETS/SANTA-FE-SPRINGS-California-/EMPIRE-TODAY-CARPETS-BUY-ONE-GET-TWO-FREE-NOT-HONORED-SANTA-FE-SPRINGS-California-869263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMPIRE TODAY CARPETS

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Rose, we are disappointed about any inconvenience the delay in your installation may have caused.  Asbestos is a safety hazard and must be addressed with the utmost care. We understand that we have explained the guidelines for addressing the potential of asbestos to you, and we would be happy to discuss the situation with you further. Please email us at customersupport@empiretoday.com or call us at 888-588-2315 x4195. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager