pressed

• Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: GAJim — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Empire Today LLC
333 Northwest Ave Northlake, Illinois United States of America

Empire Today LLC deceptive agreement, extortion of money to complete a job, failure to perform Northlake, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Business Response

On August 24, 2010  Empire and I signed contract #019FAAA962 for installation of wood flooring at 2868 Cravey DR Atlanta 30345 with a firm price of $8,450.00. The work was to begin on August 25. You did not show up to begin the work and notified me that if I wanted it done it would cost an additional $7,0000. When I refused, you then tried to extort $3,500. When I told you to forget it, Empire refused to immediately credit my charge card which resulted in my inability to use it for over a week since Empire had wasted no time in putting the charge on my card. Numerous calls to you in Texas, Atlanta and Chicago took days for Empire to issue me a credit.Empire's failure to prepare a proper contract was intentional and designed to put me in a position which you used to try and extort additional monies from me. If this had truly been a "mistake" then Empire would not have run my charge card through and immediately taken care of the issue.

Because of Empires negligent preparation/communication of the contract and your further unwillingness to immediately release the charge to my credit card, I incurred the following cost for which I should be reimbursed. $5.00 Interest for cash from my account to gain another vendor. $84.50 loss of cash back points on my card, since I couldnt use it for payment to the other vendor. $100.00 due to the delay in my ability to prepare my home for sale due to your intentional false and misleading statement during the communication of the contract and failure to immediately release the charge on my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-LLC/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-LLC-deceptive-agreement-extortion-of-money-to-complete-a-job-failure-to-p-718883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today LLC

Business Response

AUTHOR: Business Response - (United States of America)

James, I was able to pull up your account information in our system and can see that your credit was processed. Working in cooperation with your credit card company, a refund typically can take up to 10 business days. Im available to answer any questions you have regarding your account and our process of issuing credits to cancelled orders. Please feel free to email me at customersupport@empiretoday.com or contact me via phone at 888-588-2315 x4195. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service