Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Submitted: Sun, September 09, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2007

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Empire Today
2744 Regency Dr Grand Prairie, Texas U.S.A.

Empire Today Defective carpet, sheds, poor customer service Grand Prairie Texas

*Author of original report: Grand Prairie, TX Empire Today

*Consumer Comment: can anyone else say "yea right"

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Valued Customer

*Consumer Comment: Don't be surprised...

I am so mad right now reading all the bad reviews on Empire's crappy carpet. I had my carpet installed last May buy workman who also damaged my house and couldn't speak English. We had to repaint the wall because off all the marks. I let that go, but then when my carpet was shedding I called to complain. They said wait, it's new carpet, got to vacuum. So I did and went thru numerous vacuum's since they all got clogged up horribly. My poor baby would crawl on the floor and the floor would move with him! I think he ate the carpet too when I wasn't looking, he put everything in his mouth back then.

The carpet lessened up in shedding but was still horrible last January so I called again and they put me off saying it is very rare there would be a manufacturer problem! Reading all these reports, they should have sent an independent inspector out right away. So finally I insisted something be done and they now tell me an independent inspector should call and I have to wait for the call. Well if it's not soon, I am not being so nice anymore, I feel totally ripped off and want every cent back. I spent $4500 for this and I will not have empire re-install again since I know it will be a poor job again. I am a first time homeowner and this is the first carpet me and my husband have ever had put in, I feel totally taken advantage of.

Tricia
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2007 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75050/Empire-Today-Defective-carpet-sheds-poor-customer-service-Grand-Prairie-Texas-273489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

Grand Prairie, TX Empire Today

AUTHOR: Tricia - (U.S.A.)

My carpet was inspected and said to be defective. I was contacted saying it could be replaced only. I don't want them back in my house to go thru the same nightmare again. I have decided to try to go thru the manufacturer and get my money back this way. I know it won't be my full purchase price as they probably only paid $5 for it. However, I feel it's worth a try. However, when I called the local office the girl said she doesn't know anything about that and couldn't help me. The manager was gone for the day again, he seems to be gone all the time.

So I called the number back that corporate called me from originally, and got transfered back and forth for a good half hour trying to get Donna, the women who said I might have a chance contacting the manufacturer. I just need the details and number! No one could give it to me after calling back the corporate line long distance on hold for half an hour. I am really frustrated and hope no one else out there ever used Empire Today. They think because they are a big company they can treat customers bad, it's not right.

can anyone else say "yea right"

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

if you did care then there wouldnt be the amount of complaints aginst you that there are.

Dear Valued Customer

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today. We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer's experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. You will be contacted within 24 hours to address your concerns in full detail.

Don't be surprised...

AUTHOR: Yvette - (U.S.A.)

...the inspector will come out and tell you that there is nothing wrong with your carpet...and then may try to blame it on you. We went thru EXACTLY what you are describing with Empire. They wouldn't do anything until I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau, then they called me and offered to replace the carpet - the guy is coming out Friday - we'll see how THAT goes...good luck!