Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Lupe — Mesquite Texas United States of America
Empire Today
333 Northwest Ave, Northlake, IL 60164 Northlake, Illinois United States of America

Empire Today Claim due to negligent installation of bath liner. Northlake Illinois

*Author of original report: Empire Today

*Consumer Suggestion: Another Dissatisfied Customer

*Author of original report: Empire Today

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

I had Empire Today install a bath liner. The liner looked nice but, I then realized I could have installed tile for the price I paid for the liner.

Later I had problems with my plumbing in the kitchen, I had to get the line replaced due to the line had collapsed.  When the plumbers were doing the work they discovered that the lines connecting one of the toilets and the bathtub were disconnected from the house.  Upon further research the plumbers find that the cause was the tub liner was not screwed to the line underneath the house.  Instead of screwing the drain on the tub to the main line Empire had filled the surroundings with some kind of caulk looking substance.  In time the caulk gave out and each time we showered water would leak underneath causing the floor to rot.

My house being pier and beam, It was difficult to see water underneath.  In time the water saturation underneath the house has caused the foundation to shift and the pipes to seperate.  I am not able to bathe in my house or use one of the toilets.

We have been out of our house since May 2012 here it is approaching the end of August and Empire still will not take responsibility.

I am currently living with my sister, my brother and son have to shower at the gym or friends houses.  My insurance will not cover the damage, I have been laid off work therefore I am not able to apply for a loan.

Now Empire is telling me I have to contact the installers insurance company, why?  Empire is the company that I contracted the work with not the intallers.

How can company be so heartless and not care about their customers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-Claim-due-to-negligent-installation-of-bath-liner-Northlake-Illinois-934151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

Empire Today

AUTHOR: Lupe Hernandez - (United States of America)

The contractor was not professionally dressed like the ones Empire shows on TV, he was dressed in everyday clothes.  The contractor drove a pick up truck with no sign on the truck.  He is caucasian did speak english.  I did research on him and he is not a licensed plumber, in the state of Texas as I resently discovered you do not have to be licensed to be a contractor.

Since I had a neighbor work on the toilet in the same bathroom Empire Today is stating that the neighbor was not a professional and they are claiming that a worn wax ring caused the damage.

If the years that you have been working on plumbing makes you a professional then my neighbor is a professional.

These companies do not care as long as they make a buck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Another Dissatisfied Customer

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

When wil Empire figure out that when a subcontractor fails it's the Empire brand that gets smeared, not the subcontractors?

Sorry to say but you were Empired, royally.

Could you describe the contractors? How professionally were they dressed? Did they have a van with their company name on it? Did they look like the workers shown on the Empire television commericals? Did they speak good English? Were they even licensed plumbers?

Small claims court looks like the only option here. Make sure you notify the local new media when the court date is set. They'll cover the story. Empire just loves publicity..........

Empire Today

AUTHOR: Lupe Hernandez - (United States of America)

Dear Ms. Rebecca,

Empire Today cares so much about their customers that they have just stop contacting me and have ignored my calls, etc.  You delete me from getting on your website.  That is how much you care about making your customers happy.  I have not heard a thing from Empire Today or the insurance company since October 10, 2012.

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Lupe, we can assure you that we take any customer concern very seriously. We understand that weve been in contact with you about this issue, and we will follow up with you soon to discuss the situation in more detail. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager