Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Updated: Thu, February 27, 2014

• Reported By: Single Mom taken advantage of — north port Florida
Empire Today
9319 Peach Palm Avenue Tampa, Florida USA

Empire Today Laminate Floor Buckling and Peeling " My fault too wet" Tampa Florida

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

I had Empire today install their "top of the line" Brazillian Cherry laminate several months ago. Immediately upon installation I noticed the floor was not flush to adjoining laminate boards in several places throughout the installation area.  When I pointed this out I was told it was due to an uneven slab in my home (yet no problem with original ceramic tile ).  Although I did not agree with this I was unsure as to what to do, espescially since I was told this flooring was virtually indestructable by the salesperson.

Recently I am noticing that the boards I originally saw a problem with are starting to buckle and peel at the joints.  I called Empire today who was very prompt in getting an inspector out to look at my flooring.  He took several pictures, and proceeded to tell me it was my fault as I must have gotten the floors too wet.  RIDICULOUS!  I follow all manufacturers instructions, and only use a dustmop and Swifter (as I was told was perfect)- due to the amount of money I spent on this floor I am very cautious.  I told the inspector this, who then tried to blame it on my 10 # dog- "well he must be urinating on it"....First off for all the places this is happening in, and due to the impecable shape of the Berber I had installed within the same week not possible unless I let the dog use my home as a toliet- just letting urine saturate my floors for days at a time- what a joke and an insult!

I told the inspector this was not the case, and he had me sign a paper to "show he came out", and stated he took numerous pictures and a manager would call me. I was very upset and immediately did an internet search on "Empre Today peeling laminate", and found a very similar complaint.  I will let everybody know how this situation pans out....If not resolved I will spend every extra minute I have getting justice for a misrepresented company and product!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Tampa-Florida-33619/Empire-Today-Laminate-Floor-Buckling-and-Peeling-My-fault-too-wet-Tampa-Florida-1126960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

It’s disappointing that your product has not been meeting your expectations. We are committed to working with our customers until they are satisfied, and we’d like to speak with you and discuss this situation in more detail. Unfortunately, we cannot locate your account with the information in your post. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email your contact information to customersupport@empiretoday.com, and we will follow up with you. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager