grown

• Submitted: Tue, June 21, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 03, 2005

• Reported By:Clearwater Florida
Empire Today
5260 W Eagle Trail Dr Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Empire Today Ripoff lies, lies and more lies Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Empire Today lies lies and more lies

*Consumer Suggestion: See what happens when you trust people. You're cheated over 50% of the time.

*Author of original report: lies, lies and more lies

*Author of original report: lies, lies and more lies

We responded to the advertisement on tv. A salesman named Mike came to our home and measured the carpet, asked for a deposit, told us to clear out the two rooms and the installers would get the big stuff, except electronic etc.

On the day of installation a man calls and says the carpet was defective, we called the salesman and he says they are out of the color we wanted. He then comes by with other colors, only he doesn't have the one we ordered, like we were too dumb to know what we liked. He calls his boss, Terry, he offers a discount, we refuse. We have a cashiers check for the $2,000 too, this is two rooms, not the entire home Terry then states he found the correct carpet the sales guy shouts, "you do have a Black Hat "(magician?) and tells us the carpet installers are on their way.

They pull up and ....it's the wrong carpet. They then try the discount again, and we refuse. After the carpet installers hang up with the boss , they say they'll do it on the side for a couple of hundred off, but we have to go to the place with them to pay for the carpet and they'll slap it in, however , they have Empire Today on the side of the van. We send them on their way. Now we have to move everything back.

A few days later a message is on my voice mail, your carpet will be installed on Friday 17th, what the ???? I call this no. and ask what ever are you talking about??? I explain the scenario and she states no cancellation was ever received and if I do not cancel with the cancellation dept. no deposit. So, I call cancellation, or she transferred me, now I'm beyond angry, I again explain to the rep on the line, and I said , don't act like I'm cancelling out of the blue include in your notes the reason why. He offers me a discount and I state I would not accept the carpet if it were for free. I tell him I want my deposit back, and I feel the co. not only lied over and over again but has shady work ethics , I do not trust them or the stinky installers they sent over, send me my deposit .

So far , no deposit, he stated 7 to 10 business days, I told him the salesman and "the boss, Terry" said they were sending the deposit and taking care of everything and he stated he had no record of this. I asked for corporate and he said he was corporate. I doubt it. Now, when and how was the date set on the 17th to install a carpet and what color carpet??? Bottom line, we made a deal with the color the saleman showed us, he takes the deposit, waits until it clears and then springs the surprise, carpet has a defect, we're out of this carpet, we found this carpet and send the wrong one, says the deposit and cancellation is taken care of and then we get a call, What cancellation, never heard of it, where did the imaginary install date come from? We went into a different carpet store, we really wanted the carpet replaced and guess, what, it gets worse, this is a different co. and they took a much larger deposit, waited until it cleared and called with "we don't have the carpet you wanted. " Now , we have two deposits out, and no carpet.

Pam
Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2005 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Tampa-Florida-33765/Empire-Today-Ripoff-lies-lies-and-more-lies-Tampa-Florida-147009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

Empire Today lies lies and more lies

AUTHOR: Pam - (U.S.A.)

I received a deposit check on the 1st of July, the carpet installation was scheduled on June 7th, so less than a month of my calls (and I did call) the check came from Empire Home Srvc.LLC, 333 Northwest Ave Northlake Il.60164 and the no. they give for everything 800-588-2300. I've learned a huge lesson with this co. and since I own my home, this is eye opening for the future and I never thought about the civil courts helping me, and if I did not get results, I would do that. (I hope the police will help people also, wow, that's refreshing if they would ever do that.)

All in all because of this companys lies, I went through the physical effort of moving all my furnishings from two rooms and it was alot, the rooms are large, I got real dissapointed because I had my hopes up for a really great looking carpet to replace the one I don't like, I spent days and days of getting the run around, lies from the sales guy and the manager, shock of an installation date I never made and being forced to cancel something I never ever ordered to get my deposit back, and this cancellation department who claims to be corporate, gives the same generic answer no matter when you call, "10 business days" but I did get the check and cashed it and learned a huge lesson, hope YOU don't have to learn the hard way about Empire Today and their lies.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

See what happens when you trust people. You're cheated over 50% of the time.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

I really don't feel comfortable putting out a deposit. It's not that I don't trust you. It's just that I think you're lying.

OK, despite that, maybe you decide to trust them. Now, they got your deposit. What do you do?

Reverse the transaction. Credit card company. Or your bank for a check.

Paid cash?

No problem. After 3 days, I'm down in small claims. I don't call the crooks. Trust me, they'll call me when they get the court summons.

The absolute worst thing you can do is let a crook string you along for week after week.

On day one, I'm at my bank. On day 2 or 3, I'm at the county court.

Sometimes the cops will help you too. The charge is theft by deception.

lies, lies and more lies

AUTHOR: Pam - (U.S.A.)

I called Empire 888-588-2370 on the 23rd to check on the deposit and was told, we have no record of this. Let me transfer you to cancellation. Keep in mind this is a dept. I was forced to call into and get a cancellation no. I again, requested the status of my deposit check. I'm told 10 business days max, I said I've already been told that, well, give it ten days max from now. (The other co. I did not report and had all this following my bad experience with Empire sent the deposit back, no carpet but they upheld their end of the bargain and I guess that's why they are not on rip off reports.) Empire is on rip off reports, because of their lies and lies and more lies. I have 10 more business days now from the 23rd instead of the 14th of the forced cancellation date, well, I'm not gonna hold my breath....

lies, lies and more lies