Complaint Review: Empire Today,LLC

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: SRR — Las Vegas Nevada
Empire Today,LLC
6295 S. Pearl Street Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Empire Today,LLC worst flooring job one has seen, after inspection and promise to replace the floor - no call, no appointment - $ 5400 lost Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: still waiting on reimbursement

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

*General Comment: Wow How Terrible!

I purchased flooring from Empire Today and I have now a laminate floor that is coming apart and stairs when I look at them I just want to cry.

It started with the sales person not being truthful in respect to how many people would be working, lenght of installation, product is in storage in town. This would not have been an issue but the day of installation everything was different. Installers -only 2 not 3 or 4 as told by the sales person - arrived 3 hrs late, next they refused to level the floor. This is an upstairs condo and the floor has visible cracks. The reason was that they had to wait 3 hrs for a truck to arrive and to level the floor it would take another 3 hrs and they doesn't get paid for that, also they have another job to do. One of the installers (sub-contractor) was half of the time on the phone the other was constantly dropping the laminate panels on the floor which helped to increase the cracks in the floor. [continued below]....

..... Half way through the installation they realized they had enough wood for the stairs but not enough laminate for living area. I was then informed that job is on hold for 2 days because the material is in storage in CA. The installers got extremly angry that they had to come back on a day that they had already a job across town.

The result was that I called Empire Today after the installers left to request a manager to come to our home and inspect the workmanship. After a few days the Install Coordinator was inspecting the work and the first he said was " what had happened in here" He repeatedly said he can not beieve that this is the work of his installers and the floor must and will be repalced but he has not solution what can be done about the stairs. He promised he would call back no later as the next day and that was the last I have heard from Empire Today.

The laminate panels are coming apart because the floor is not leveled, the end pieces between floor and baseboard are coming off, they even put a spacer between the boarder piece and baseboard. The gap piece between laminate and carpet was installed that the carpet is not covered. On the landing of the staircase they had not enough material and just left it that way.

I've contaced my credit card company and just learned Empire Today is ignoring their request to a statement on the situation as well.

I lost $ 5375 and Empire does not care at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-TodayLLC/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89120/Empire-TodayLLC-worst-flooring-job-one-has-seen-after-inspection-and-promise-to-replace-1075542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today,LLC

still waiting on reimbursement

AUTHOR: SRR - ()

The floor is replaced and the stairs look great. Everything would have been fine besides that I had to go through 3 days of dust and living on a construction site again if the contractors would not have broken a ceiling lamp and tried to hide it in the garage.

Empire agreed to pay for the damaged lamp and the installation also I had some other expenses for a cancelled flight. I forwarded all the invoices but a reimbursment never came.

At the end I got the floor how it was supossed to be from the begining but the time, frustration, the fight to get what I paid for ( $ 5400 ) and still being left with over $ 500 in expense that tells all about this company.

Stay away from Empire Carpet LLC !

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

We were disappointed to read about your installation, as this is not the experience we expect for our customers. We regret that this issue has not yet been resolved, and we would like to make things right for you. Unfortunately, we have not been able to locate your account with the information posted here. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email customersupport@empiretoday.com, and we will follow up with you to learn more about the situation and work towards a resolution. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

#3 General Comment

Wow How Terrible!

AUTHOR: ComcastRipOff - ()

That is terrible! Thank you for the post I will not be using them ever!

-MDA