Complaint Review: Employers Network Association

• Reported By: Jonlin — New York
Employers Network Association
660 White Plains Road Tarrytown, New York USA

Employers Network Association is a scam! Tarrytown New York

*Consumer Comment: ENA Is Great!

*General Comment: ENA is a real company selling real insurance

I found this broker/agency on the internet while looking for health insurance options. The agent, Phillip Gropper offered what appeared at first to be a much better deal than any other I'd found. Cheaper premiums... it even included some vision and dental. He said that the reason he had such a good deal was that he could put us into a group package. He could put us in with something called ENA (Employers Network Association.) He said we'd be made a part of the National Allied Workers Union, which would help get us the discounts. Long and short of it is this: there is no such thing as the ENA or the National Allied Workers Union. These are a sham, a front that this brokerage created to swindle potential customers like me. When I questioned "Phillip Gropper" further, he sent me a clearly bogus letter from 'CNA', trying to make this seem legit. The letter offered no contact info for 'CNA', no website, no further info. I could not get 'Phil' to email me a copy of the contract he would want me to sign; blue cross/blue shield (whom he said would be providing the insurance) doesn't know anything about any of the above mentioned parties... Long and short: this is a credit card and check scam. They just want your info. It's fraud, folks. Don't fall for it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Employers-Network-Association/Tarrytown-New-York-10591/Employers-Network-Association-is-a-scam-Tarrytown-New-York-1063280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Employers Network Association

ENA Is Great!

AUTHOR: David - ()

I purchased a Blue Card PPO plan from a gentleman representing ENA back in December of 2013. I have used the benefits of this plan several times and in several states. ( I travel to Los Angeles a good deal.) The plan has allowed me to keep all of my previous doctors and I am still able to reach the original rep who sold me the plan if need be.

#2 General Comment

ENA is a real company selling real insurance

AUTHOR: RebeccaS - ()

I am not an owner or employee of ENA or the National Allied Workers Union.  I do not make any profit by my relationship to these organizations.

However, I do have insurance through them and have had it for a number of years.  In order to be become a member, you have to become a member of an organization that is part of their network.  Mine is New York Artists Equity - a not-for profit group for artists that offers access to group health insurance (that I pay for totally) as the benefit.

The NAWU plan is what is called a self-insured plan through NAWU (National Allied Workers Union) and at this time is grandfathered by the Affordable Care Act.  The insurance company is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois with a Blue Card Option - it is a national group - so, the Blue Card option allows members who do not live in Illinois to use doctors in the BC/BS network in other states.

It has worked pretty well for me over the years and is legit.

I do not know if the broker who you are referring to, Phillip Gropper is legit - however I just want to clarify that this group insurance does exist and many self-employed people are members.  The administrator for the group is Aegis Administrative Services.

I do not know, at this point in time if you can still buy this insurance plan because it is now grandfathered - and enrollment may or may not be closed.  My advice is that anyone wishing to purchase this insurance contact one of the organizations listed above rather than going through a broker (although they may suggest the name of a broker).

Hope this clarifies things.