Complaint Review: empower insurance

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Chava — Houston Texas United States of America
empower insurance
Wirt houston tx 77057 Houston, Texas United States of America

empower insurance Freeway insurance increase the monthly payment and down payment after a month of a signed the contract Houston, Texas

Freeway insurance agent gave me a quote and down payment amount so I decided to switch from AAA to this freeway insurance that belongs to Empower insurance. after a month the Freeway insurance start calling me that I owe $50 more for down payment I told them my contract was done and they shouldn't change it. But they told me if I don't pay they will send me to collection and ruin my credit score, so after a couple weeks trying to stop them I ended paying more "initial payment". Then empower insurance company started calling me saying that my premium is higher than what I was told a month ago, so I told them the same I have a contract and you cant change it. They said premiums can change any time, so I cancel the whole policy and now they are charging me $60 for early termination fee.

Be careful with Empower Insurance and Freeway insurance they lie to hook you then they rip you off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/empower-insurance/Houston-Texas-77057/empower-insurance-Freeway-insurance-increase-the-monthly-payment-and-down-payment-after-a-1016415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on empower insurance