Complaint Review: Encore Dental/Stonebridge Life Insurance

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2014

• Reported By: Ive been ripped off — Danforth Illinois
Encore Dental/Stonebridge Life Insurance
PO Box 30567 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Encore Dental/Stonebridge Life Insurance Encore Dental Insurance Stonebridge Life Insurance Company Lies about coverage on their website, refuses to pay coverage, refuses to refund money!! Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Red Flag With This Company

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs

When I signed up for this insurance their website stated that Tooth Extractions were covered under "basic dental services" and that there is no wait period.

I called Encore Dental Insurance to make sure the dentist I was going to see was covered by them, they said that their office is covered.

I called my dentist and they looked up what I would have to pay and said it would be 50 at time of visit and then 50% of the work would be covered by my insurance thereafter.

Instead, Encore decided to not cover anything!! Now they say that tooth extractions are major dental service and I must wait 1 year. They refuse to refund my money and cancel my plan.

They say they will only give me one month of the money I paid back which would be 25 dollars.

This is a misleading scam dental insurance company!! They need to be investigated and sued! I bet they are doing this to a lot of people nationwide!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encore-DentalStonebridge-Life-Insurance/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Encore-DentalStonebridge-Life-Insurance-Encore-Dental-Insurance-Stonebridge-Life-Insura-1071013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encore Dental/Stonebridge Life Insurance

Red Flag With This Company

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

About a month ago... I spoke to a representative who assisted me and told me about plan A and plan B. I told him plan B because that is all that he offered.  He told me he would send the plan out for me to take a look at and then decide. How I would make payment. I never receive any paper work... I then called and asked what happened. This representative then told me about a plan C... Which struck me odd, there was no plan C... on previous call because I asked.  And also with this customer service representative... she told me I had to give her money upfront in order  for me to look at the plan. I couldn't believe it! She said the first representative... made some mistakes and I had to pay. I said why would I pay for anything until I look at the policy to see what's in writing. She then needed bank information... I simply refuse and hung up! What struck me so odd... that she insisted on getting money in order for me to read the  policy.  Needless to say, that is why I never receive any policy in the mail... yet he assured me it would arrive. I thank God! That I didn't fool with this particular business... too many underhanded glitches to get information. Red Flag... for anyone who can't let you read something before endorsing it!

Consumer Affairs

AUTHOR: Consumer Affairs - ()

At Encore Dental nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or certificate/policy number to us at [email protected], by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

Consumer Affairs

AUTHOR: Consumer Affairs - ()