Complaint Review: Enerbank

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: littlebird — El Cajon California
Enerbank
1245 E Brickyard, Ste 600, Salt Lake city, Utah USA

Enerbank Did a credit check for a loan I did not apply for and was denied Salt Lake city Utah

*UPDATE Employee: EnerBank Response

*Author of original report: Solaire Energy Systems, San Diego, CA.

*Consumer Comment: You have bigger issues than this..

I received a letter from EnerBank telling me that I had applied for a loan and was denied because of items in my credit report.  I did not apply for a loan with EnerBank!  I did not authorize them to check my credit.  Now, my credit report has been adversely affected by this inquiry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enerbank/Salt-Lake-city-Utah-84106/Enerbank-Did-a-credit-check-for-a-loan-I-did-not-apply-for-and-was-denied-Salt-Lake-city-1106982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enerbank

EnerBank Response

AUTHOR: nlwatkins - ()

All loan applications are completed via telephone, and each applicant must provide verbal permission for EnerBank USA to obtain their credit report. If you feel that your credit report was obtained by EnerBank USA without your permission, please contact our Customer Service Department at 888-390-1220 during regular business hours (Mon - Fri 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Mountain Time) so that we can investigate the situation.

Solaire Energy Systems, San Diego, CA.

AUTHOR: littlebird - ()

I contacted this company about a solar system.  The salesman told us that the amoiunt for the rebates would be financed for 0% and no payments for a year, we would get the rebates and pay it off within that year.  That finance company denied us those terms because of a short sale on our report, but we could make payments until we got the rebates.

We told the salesman about a short sale on our credit report and he told us they had several finance companies and banks they worked with to help us get a loan.  U S Bank contacted us and told us we had been approved for a loan and gave us a list of documents they would need.  We did not ask them for a loan nor did we give them permission to run our credit but we wanted a loan so we submitted the paperwork.

The solar company had given them our credit scores but when they ran our credit they saw the short sale and denied the loan.  I told the salesman I would try to get a loan with my bank and it would take time to apply.

During the next week or so we were contacted by 3 credit unions that we had been approved for a loan.  All of them had been contacted by the solar company without our permission with our credit scores and/or our social security numbers.  All denied us a loan because of the short sale.

The salesman told us to call one more credit union but I emailed him back that we would not be applying again, that our credit score had been adversely affected by too many inquiries, that we could not get a loan and we would try again in the future. I got two threatening emails but ignored them.

Now, I believe that the way they are doing business sucks and is probably illegal.  Our credit wasn't that good and now its alot worse.  I will contact the credit agencies to report possible fraud and see what other recourse we have.  I believe this is not the only solar company that operates this way.

You have bigger issues than this..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

There is a very good chance you are a victim of Identity Theft.

What you need to do is immediatly review your credit reports and put a short term Fraud Alert on your reports.  If there is anything you do not reconginze you need to immediatly dispute it.   The fraud alert is absloutly free so stay away from any site that says they will do it if you pay them.

You may also want to put a long term Fraud Alert on your Reports.  For this you need to go to your local Law Enforcement officials and file an Identity Theft Report.  You can then use that report and have an extended Fraud Alert on your Reports.  This way anytime anyone attempts to apply for credit in your name you need to verify it is actually you doing it.

I'm really not trying to scare you and say that the sky is falling, but this can be a serious thing if is actually happening and you ignore it.