Complaint Review: energy plus

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: fred — Maryland
energy plus
energy plus, rockville, Maryland USA

energy plus Like all other reviewers, They promised American Airline miles, and delivered. But, I spent over 2000 dollars in excess.. I noticed my bill was unusually high... reps with Pepco were not helpful, and hence I needed answers... Did some digging and found t scam - energy plus rockville Maryland

Like all other reviewers, They promised American Airline miles, and delivered.  But, I spent over 2000 dollars in excess.. I noticed my bill was unusually high... reps with Pepco were not helpful, and hence I needed answers... Did some digging and found that my rates had moved to .19/kw and with Pepco, it would have been .09/kw.  Well I called Energy plus and told them that my bill was coming in at $800/month, with a rate of .19/kw...   Keep in mind that over the last two years, Pepco rates have not changed.

They told me that I was on a variable plan and they could move me into a fix plan.. I said if there was a fixed plan, why was it not communicated.. They said well we wait until the client complains... I told her it is a trust issue at this point and I would rather cancel.

I told the rep that if they sell a fixed product that should be communicated.  They told me in the beginning that my rate would be lower than Pepco.  For the first three or four months it was, then when I let my guard down and wasn't checking my bill... They moved up the rate by .03/kw every three month.  so I moved from .07/kw to .010/kw to .013 to .016 to .019.....  So for the 18 months I was with them, first 4 months at ,07 and upward from there on.... This is total and pure scam....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/energy-plus/rockville-Maryland-20850/energy-plus-Like-all-other-reviewers-They-promised-American-Airline-miles-and-delivered-1133731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on energy plus