rank

• Updated: Sun, March 17, 2013

• Reported By: Meg — Redlands California
Enhanced Recovery Co. LLC
8014 Bayberry Road Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Enhanced Recovery Co. LLC Debt Collector scammed me for double payment of ATT bill already paid! Jacksonville, Florida

Got a letter from this Company a few months ago saying I owed ATT $58.46 on an unpaid bill. I have not had telephone service from ATT since 3/2011. I did have a past due bill at that time, which was apparently turned over to another debt collection company named Bay Area Credit Service LLC. They wrote me a letter in Feb 2012 demanding payment. I PAID THEM A REDUCED SETTLEMENT AMOUNT OFFERED IN THEIR LETTER AND THOUGHT THIS SUBJECT WAS CLOSED.

Now comes the letter from ERC LLC demanding payment that sounded like the same ATT bill. I spoke with a rep on the phone and told them I'd paid the bill and disputed their claim that I still owed it. Soon I got another letter offering a reduced payment amount to settle. At the time I could not find my records of the payment made to Bay Area Credit Service LLC, so I wasn't totally certain of having paid. (This is how they get you!)

I looked up my credit report about this time, only to see that ERC LLC had reported the debt as unpaid....JERKS! So I paid them the reduced settlement amount in order to get that off my credit report. A few days ago, I came across the copy I made of the payment etc to Bay Area Credit over a year ago, and I am so mad now I could spit! The first BUMS apparently sold the already account to the second debt collector!!!!! NOw I've paid more than I ever owed to two different companies!

I am going to report both companies to the Attorney General in my state (CA) as well as the fed Consumer Finance Protection Commission (I think that's the name) and also Senator Elizabeth Warren. SHE is a smart fearless woman who is going after the big banks for mortgage fraud, and designed the new consumer protection agency. She was supposed to head it, but the GOP wouldn't let that happen!

THIS KIND OF STUFF IS JUST PLAIN ROBBERY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enhanced-Recovery-Co-LLC/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Enhanced-Recovery-Co-LLC-Debt-Collector-scammed-me-for-double-payment-of-ATT-bill-alread-1035393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enhanced Recovery Co. LLC