linear

• Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: EnnsSuxASS — Vancouvefr British Columbia USA
Enns & Co Accountants
610-4980 Kingsway Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

Enns & Co Accountants Enns Dhanji Accountants, Enns and Co. Certified Public Accountants, Enns and Company Chartered General Accountants Enns hires incompetent employees who can barely speak or read english, and charges FULL price. Takes 6 MONTHS to do simple corporate taxes. Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

On February 24th, 2012, I met with Bob Enns to discuss doing my taxes. I decided to have them do taxes for myself, my wife and my business. I waited 2 weeks, and nothing happened. I was calling and emailing several times, and still they had not finished my taxes. My taxes were done last year in less than a week, so I was assuming that they had more important clients to attend to. I received a few poorly worded emails from an employee (Isabella Au). For example one email sent on Mar 21 (almost a month after I hired Enns to do my taxes) said:

"Thanks, Chris, Please clarify that the rental property in Vancouver with total cost of more than Canadian $100,000 at anytime in 2011. Thank you. Isabella Au".

That email made no sense, and made me very concerned about what, if any actual work was being done on my taxes. Another email, dated March 28 said:

"Hi, Chris, Please forward us 2011 T4 for your employment income and T5 for your investment income, if any. Please find attachment you have sent us, the attachment is your information for 2010 tax return (T1), it is not T4. Thank you so much. Isabella Au"

Yet, the files I attached WAS a T4. So, I was even more concerned that the accountant wasn't sure of the difference between the various tax forms, which was very troubling. another 2 1/2 weeks passed with no emails or phone calls from anyone at Enns.

I was in the process of contacting another accountant, when I finally received a phone call from Bob Enns. He finally seemed to be starting to work on my taxes. So, I assumed it would be done quickly after that time (approximately Apr. 15th.). Nothing happened again for the next week and a half. Finally on the day before the tax deadline (Apr 29th), I got a call saying that they were completing my personal taxes only, and they would be filed on time. Yet, my HST tax were apparently due Mar. 30th, yet I wasn't notified of this fact, even though they were hired to take care of all my taxes.

Another two weeks went by and Bob said that he finally did my taxes for my business. Yet, there was a serious mistake with the tax return: They didn't include the taxes in the income for the year, even though I told Bob this directly in our initial meeting on Feb 24th. I quickly caught this mistake by them, and asked how they could make a mistake like this? They, also forgot to complete my HST return as well, and I had to remind them to do this. I was very frustrated at this point, since it had been almost 3 months since I hired them to do my taxes, and I commented on their obvious lack of competency, and utter disregard for me as a customer.

This has now cost me thousands in fees, and penalties, due to the fact they never filed my business returns. I already paid their invoice of more than $2200 several weeks ago. I called CCRA on Friday July 6th to make sure that my returns were filed, but CCRA told me they weren't. I called Enns to ask why they never filed my returns, and they said I had to sign a form. So, I asked for the form, and provided my email address, but they never emailed anything to me, and never responded to any of my emails or voice mails left, on Friday July 6th, and Monday July 9th.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 12:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enns-Co-Accountants/Burnaby-British-Columbia-V5H-4K7/Enns-Co-Accountants-Enns-Dhanji-Accountants-Enns-and-Co-Certified-Public-Accountants-1021374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enns & Co Accountants