• Report: #1091924

• Updated: Mon, October 14, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — Austin Texas
enterprise car rental
4352 S Interstate 35 Austin, Texas USA

enterprise car rental Charged extra days after car was returned via night dropoff Austin Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

I rented for weekend special rate, with arrangements to return Sunday after their 3 pm close.  They did not succeed in upselling me.  Nor did they catch me in the fine print to add charges.

Returned car Sunday evening in center of well-lit lot and placed keys in secure drop box as instructed. Witness verified.  Drove my own car Monday, also witness verified.

Monday they said they had no keys and no car so rental charges would continue at highest retail daily rate. manager suggested I file auto theft report with my insurance company and police.

Filed auto theft report. Tuesday mid-day they told police that the car was located on their lot and keys in dropbox so no theft.  The manager says I will be charged two additional days instead of any refund of my security deposit.

Regional Enterprise office does not return my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/enterprise-car-rental/Austin-Texas-78745/enterprise-car-rental-Charged-extra-days-after-car-was-returned-via-night-dropoff-Austin-1091924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on enterprise car rental

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Gary,

I would like to discuss this further. Please email me at care@enterprise.com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #131015-002347 in the subject of your email. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris