Dolores

• Updated: Sat, April 05, 2014

• Reported By: Derek Jenkins — Carrollton Texas
Enterprise Car Rental
444 Brighton Rd South Croydon, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Enterprise Car Rental Fraudulent charge insurance, stolen car, charged my Amex $25,000 South Croydon London

*Author of original report: No one cares at "Enterprise Customer Care".

*Author of original report: I dont think Enterprise Cares

*Author of original report: I am glad that someone at Enterprise cares

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

I line in the US ans was visiting my family in the UK. I rented a Toyota RAV 4 on Thursday 20th March from the local Enterprise office in South Croydon. The Agent upsold me on ALL insurance. I waited an hour for them to get the car ready and left with the tank on EMPTY. I filled the car and drove 5 miles to my brothers house and parked the car on the street.

The following morning when I woke at 9:30am I noted the car was missing. My brother had roofers working on the house they said the car was thier at 8:00 but gone by 8:30.

The roofers had opened the front door and connect power cables into the house with the door nealy closed allowing them to snake out.

I went through the normal Police reports and informing Enterprise. The local agent said it was the third car stolen that week.

The police canvased the nieghbors and one saw the car being stolen. A white van stopped infront of the roofers truck, someone hopped out and went into the house came out got in the RAV 4 and drove off rapidy.

This thief had entered the house picked up the keys and walked out as if he owned the car. A very bold 20 seconds.

So I reported the loss on Friday morning, the police came then, they also came on aturday and dusted for fingerprints then again on Monday to canvas the local houses. I am glad they did.

Now Enterprise steps way out of line. I did talk with thier loss recovery people Monday morning and they told me I was not responsible. By the end of Monday Enterprise had charge my Amex card for 10,000 UK Pounds, 5,000 UK pounds and AMx tacked on the international fees. In all ENTERPRISE charged my CC with over $25,000. THey had done this when I doubt the police report was even available to them.

The charge was picked up by my office manager and we informed AmEx this was a frauldulant charge. They have suspended the transaction. We informed the Enterprise office in Croydon and we informed the Enterprise loss recovery unit that this was unacceptable and we have canceled the transaction.

In the UK all rentals come with basic insurance that leaves me liable for 700 UK Pounds. I was sold the additional insurance reducing my liability to 100UK Pounds. On the Enterprise web site is states it inclused loss of the vehicle so all should be covered. No not according to some area manager name Andrew Bensley.

Even though Enterprise had all my phone numbers and e-mail addresses this guy could not be bothered to call me. He called my brother who also gave him my contact information. He never bother call me at all. My brother said this guy was a "Slime Balll" all he wanted to do was find someone to take responsibility for the loss of his car. When David confronted him directly with his attitude Andrew Bensley did not like it.

As my brother had said he was trying to get hold of me I called him from the staes on Wednesday 2nd April and left a message with all my contact information including office phone numbers and cell phone numbers. He did not bother to call on Thursday and as I had heard nothing from anyone at Enterprise I called him again on Friday.

He said he was trying to contact me (not very hard) to inform me that I was liable for the cost of the car. He said that I did not secure the keys.

WHAT THE .... THE KEYS WERE IN THE HOUSE AND THE THIEF CAME IN AND TOOK THEM.

I told him that was nice that he though I was liable but as I had multiple insurance coverages from Enterprise, I disagree. I thief entered my brothers house and stole the keys and then the car. It was theft and covered by the insurance he sold me.

I told him that I had canceled the AmEx transaction and asked him to persue me in the English court systems as I would not be paying him a penny. He then told me that he already had my money and would not be getting it back.

Lesson 1: dont use Amex to rent a car, they allowed $25,000 to be charged to my card. Get a CC with $1,000 to protect yourself.

Lesson 2: Amex additional coverage only covers the US. That was my fault for not knowing. I will now be looking for a credit card that does protect me internationally.

Lesson 3: Rent from the big guys. Every time I have rented from Enterprise its been a pain, now they are not on the Xmas card list.

So Enterprise charged my CC with $25,000 even before the police report was in. They did it because I live in the US and fighting any thing from here will be more difficult. Andrew Bensley could not give a hoot as he said mutiple time that he had my money and I could not do anything about it.

DONT RENT FROM ENTERPRISE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. If you search the internet like I have just done it is frightening the amount of complaints against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/South-Croydon-Select-StateProvince-CR2-6AP/Enterprise-Car-Rental-Fraudulent-charge-insurance-stolen-car-charged-my-Amex-25000-So-1136617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental

No one cares at "Enterprise Customer Care".

AUTHOR: Derek Jenkins - ()

I got excited when someone from Enterprise asked for more details about the ripoof by one of thier UK branch manager. I responded with a complete report early April. Nothing not even a confirmation that they got the information.

I proded them again 17th April. This time Antonio Felder said he got the information.

Here we are 1 May. NOTHING FROM ENTERPRISE AT ALL.

Nothing from thier customer care. Nothing from the Enterprise UK. Nothing at all.

If this is "Customer Care" then ........ this is very poor.

I dont think Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Derek Jenkins - ()

I responded to Chris at enterprise 8 days ago.

I have not heard anything from them at all. If they cared they may at least send me a note saying they are working on the issue.

This looks very bad from a PR point of view.

I am glad that someone at Enterprise cares

AUTHOR: Derek Jenkins - ()

I have repsoned to Enterprise with the complete report of this ripoff. I hope that more rational people get involved and Mr Benzi get removed from Enterprise.

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care@enterprise.com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140408-001519.  I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car