Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New Bern NC)

• Submitted: Tue, October 15, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, October 15, 2013

• Reported By: BlackListed — New Bern North Carolina
Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New Bern NC)
3524 DR M L KING JR BLVD New Bern, North Carolina USA

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Fraudulant Damage Claim - Black List New Bern North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

One year ago my wife was t-boned at an intersection (by two cars!!), GEICO arranged a rental from New Bern Enterprise. When the car was returned by my wife the manager said the vehicle had a ding mark in the hood and we would have to pay for it, my wife said I would come by to talk with them as I signed for the vehicle. I went to ERAC the next evening and asked to see the damage and was told the car was "in the shop for repair" (Nov 26 2012). Since the vehicle had 36,000 mile on it, many real dents, and burn marks on the dash board and seats, I highly doubted they would now decide to repair a ding mark on the hood. I asked what body shop the car was at so I could go there and see it as I was not paying for damage I did not have a chance to see. The manager came around the counter and began a tirade of legal mumbo jumbo that end up in her telling the counter person to put me on the no rent list. I did not hear another thing from them.

Today (Oct 15, 2013), another accident (hit and run), GEICo called ERAC for a car and they said I could not rent because I owed them a $500 dollar deductable. The agent said that GEICo  had no record of a claim for an ERAC vehicle and did not understand how I would owe a deductable. ERAC coorporate said I would have to take it up with the local ERAC.

ERAC of New Bern is guilty of the following:
1. Claiming damage to a vehicle without presenting proof to the renter.
2. Billing for a damage amount without a repair invoice.
3. Billing for al deductable without filing a claim with the insurance company.
4. Two accounts of rude, aggressive, and intimidating behavior by the ERAC manager.
5. Renting unsafe vehicles:
A bait and switch (F-150) my wife could not possibly drive.
A vehicle with bald tires.

It is to bad that ALL independantly owned ERAC companies has to suffer because of the actions of another.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-New-Bern-NC/New-Bern-North-Carolina-28562/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Fraudulant-Damage-Claim-Black-List-New-Bern-North-Carolina-1092116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car (New Bern NC)

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

BlackListed ,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131016-003452 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,