Complaint Review: enterprise rent-a-car

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: kpsych — freeport New York
enterprise rent-a-car
1805 belvedere rd, west palm beach FL , Select State/Province USA

enterprise rent-a-car dont let it happen to you! nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*Author of original report: Untrained eye

*Consumer Comment: Why Did You Agree?

I have rented from enterprise many times before and I must agree with a previous review I read about the employees being much more thorough when checking you out then when checking you in. I recently rented from PBI in FL. The young lady checking my in did not even walk around the entire car with me and every scratch I pointed out she said was cosmetic and normal wear and tear. Now seeing as I am not an Enterprise employee, I do not know EXACTLY what damage is considered... I believe this is why they have some one there to assist you. Well that was a giant FAIL. When I returned the car after renting it for only 3 or 4 days, the manager checking me in claimed there was damage to the driver side, damage by the gas lid, damage on the front bumper, damage on the passenger door, and the entire roof was dented. Im sorry but what did you think I did while I was there for 3 days? Drive the car through a hail storm of sorts? He told me they would have to check to see if there were previous damage reports and he would be filing a claim. Great.

A week later a gentleman calls to discuss the claim but im working and cannot answer. I return the call the same day, but no answer. Next day the guy calls again while Im working and I return the call once again with no answer. This happens once or twice more over the next one or 2 weeks and finally the calls stop. I then call the number I had been calling back to tell them that since no one is returning my calls or sending me information via email which I requested in the last voicemail i had left for the gentleman, that I would be assuming the claim was not being followed through. The voicemail I reached this time was that of a woman... and she didnt return my call either. Now its a month later and I get an envelope in the mail saying I owe over $2600 in damages! Im in awe. I did not put a single scratch on that vehicle and with the amount of damage they claimed occurred , it is amazing to me that no one else ever caught it before my experience. The amount of damage and the fact that is it on every side of the car is not even a reasonable amount of damage to occur in a 3 day period. AND on top of that the pictures that they sent me to review are in black and white and you cannot see a single dent. I have spoken with a lawyer who has told me to dispute the charges until he has further reviewed my issue and to request color copies of the damage because black and white is not acceptable. This is not an issue of money, because I have it if I needed to pay. However, I legitimately did not put a single scratch on this vehicle and I refuse to pay for damages that someone else caused and that it was overlooked by other employees in the past. I will not be the scapegoat. I WILL NEVER RENT FROM ENTERPRISE AND NOR WILL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT TRAVEL OFTEN AND HAVE RENTED FROM THEM IN THE PAST!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/enterprise-rent-a-car/Select-StateProvince/enterprise-rent-a-car-dont-let-it-happen-to-you-nationwide-1093540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on enterprise rent-a-car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

kpsych,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement, claim or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.  When emailing, please list Reference Number 131023-001672 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.  Respectfully, Carol H.   Social Media    Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Untrained eye

AUTHOR: kpsych - ()

I did do a walk around. And when I returned the car the manager stated that it would have been very hard to identify the damage had it been an untrained eye. Too bad the employee who checked me in also had an untrained eye. The damage was all minuscule and nearly undetectable for someone who doesn't work for them and knows what to be looking for. I'm aware of the contract, thank you, but I do know how to read. I also know that if the level of customer service and knowledge was up to par that this never would have happened. There was way to many things the manager pointed out for it have gone unnoticed. The staff is obviously not properly trained.

Why Did You Agree?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Here we go again...the same story each time with these complaints.  YOU did a walk around.  YOU saw pre-existing damage...you said so in this report.  YOU failed to ensure that pre-existing damage was listed on the contract BEFORE you signed it.  You bring the car back, there's zero notation of pre-existing damage on the contract YOU AGREED TO.  They do the return inspection, find the damage.  Very simple matter here.  YOU failed to have them note pre-existing damage.  Its your money, you are on the hook for damage.  Yet, you fail to have them list what YOU saw!  End of story.  No, I don't work for them!