Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
3001 West 26th Ave. Amarillo, Texas United States of America

Enterprise Rent-A-Car damage to air conditioner scam Amarillo, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*Consumer Comment: First, I don't much care for Enterprise's business model either, but....

I didn't realize there were so many complaints about Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

In July of 2012 my personal vehicle was totaled and I was provided with a rental car by the other drivers insurance company.  I looked over the vehicle and inspected it.  There were no issues with the vehicle.  A few days later while driving, I noticed that the air conditioner was blowing hot air and so I called Enterprise to let them know.  They suggested that I bring the car to them and they would switch the vehicle out for me.

I switched vehicles and then got a call the next day from one of their employees stating that someone had thrown rocks into the condenser and I had to pay for the repairs.  Rocks in the condensor?  Why would I or anyone throw rocks in there?  It was from the road, it's called asphalt and it's what roads are made of.  Long story short, I refused to pay and they have a collection agency calling me asking for the money.  $766.00.  I don't think so.

This company seems to try and run their business in a very bad way.  They own rental cars and have to maintain them.  With their money not the customers.  They actually put me in an unsafe vehicle and expect me to pay for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Amarillo-Texas-79109/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-damage-to-air-conditioner-scam-Amarillo-Texas-997714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for your post.  My name is Katherine and I am on the Enterprise Social Media Team.  We would like to assist you with the Amarillo location.  Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and all the details.  In the subject line please type reference number 130117-002206.

We look forward to your email.

Katherine

First, I don't much care for Enterprise's business model either, but....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"They actually put me in an unsafe vehicle and expect me to pay for it."

What in the world is "unsafe" in a vehicle blowing hot air?

That's a new one on me.

That would mean my wife is driving our old minivan with non-working air and WOW, it's now unsafe...go figure.