Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent a Car

• Updated: Mon, September 30, 2013

• Reported By: upsetcustomer — Elkins Park Pennsylvania
Enterprise Rent a Car
1627 West Cheltenham Avenue Elkins Park, Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise Rent a Car Enterprise Rent a Car Fraudulent Damage Claim Elkins Park Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

*Consumer Comment: What Did The Initial Inspection Show?

My car was towed and damaged by a tow company in Philadelphia, and my insurance (Erie Insurance) gave a rental car from Enterprise. Since I live in Elkins Park, an agent from Enterprise 1627 West Cheltenham Avenue contact me and said they would rent me a car and Erie would pay for it.

I had to wait for 30 min at the train station for them to pick me up, and then another 1.5 hr at the office for them to bring the car from another location. They didn't even greet me at the office and I had to just sit there and stare at the wall for 1.5 hr.

It was already 6 PM and I had to run to another appointment. They gave me a car, which was totally dirty and filled with the previous customer trash. I told they guy and he said it would take half an hour to clean it, and I was already late because of all the time they wasted at the station and then office. anyways, I took the car.

A couple of days later they contact me from the dealer and said my car was ready for pick up on Saturday. I called Enterprise and told them I needed to drop off the car, but they said their office would be closed on Saturday afternoon and I could just drop off the car at the dealership and they would pick it up. And that's what I did.

Went home happy that I got my car back. I received a call on Monday from Enterprise that the rental that I returned was damaged and I had to pay for it!!! I told them that I returned the car in the condition I rented and there was no damage to the car, but they said the bumper was damaged and that was it. They didn't even send me a photo whatsoever. Anyways, they said I either pay for it or they will take me to the court. I told them I did not damage the car and why should I pay for it? they said, that's what it is and the agent was very rude to me, basically very unprofessional and rude.

They sent me an estimate and now my insurance says they wouldn't pay for it because it's less than my deductible.

So here I am, victim of a vulture tow company, damaged car, paid $300 cash to get my car out of that two garage, a month headache, paid for the deductible of my car repair, and now I have to pay for the damage I have not caused!

this is a complete BS, and Enterprise is ripping me off. I don't even know what I am paying for?! I was instructed by their agent that I should drop off the car at the dealer, and now they are claiming I have to pay for the damage I have not caused! what if their agent who pick up the car damaged it? I wasn't there.

I am being a victim of this vulture company! I am frustrated and I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay for this (why should I?) and I don't want this to be held against me in the court or on my record.

Can someone help me here? I can't fight this giant company, they have a whole department of lawyer who are just suing people like me, and that's how they make money and are getting bigger and bigger, and people like me can't even afford getting a nice car.

Please help me! please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/Elkins-Park-Pennsylvania-19027/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Fraudulent-Damage-Claim-Elkins-Park-Pennsylva-1088282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. (Tatiana)

When emailing, please list reference # (130930-002782) the subject line.

What Did The Initial Inspection Show?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Did you inspect this car for pre-existing and note that pre-existing damage on the contract BEFORE you signed it?