Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Rent A Car
8221 Route 30 Irwin, Pennsylvania United States of America

Enterprise Rent A Car Sounds too fishy for me Irwin, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

Are you paying attention Nationwide Insurance?  After having my 2 year old vehicle totaled while on a cruise out of Cape Liberty, NJ, Nationwide arranged for a rental car thought our local Enterprise Office.

The first problem was they only give out cars at appointed times.  I have to make 3 calls and wait over 24 hours before they had a car available.  We set up a time, and they told me to bring my insurance card, credit card and drivers license.

I arrived at the Enterprise office, and they asked for this information.  I told them I wanted to see the contract before I would give them my credit card.  They must have thought I was a village idiot and never rented a car before.  They told me they could only show me a blank contract.  I guess this is because my insurance was paying for it, and they did not want me to see the rate.  I then asked to see their computer screen they were typing data to, but they again refused.

Who in their right mind would give these people a credit card having no idea what the contract terms were.  I should have just signed a blank personal check and given it to them.  Looking at all claims on this web site, I am really happy that I walked out of the Enterprise office without getting a car.  I will go to a legitimate agency, pay for the car myself and know what I am giving them a credit card for.   I can then get reimbursed for the vehicle from my insurance.

I am retired and spent nearly 40 years in contract negotiation, but I have never seen such a shady operation.

Nationwide, I hope you are listening, because you are probably getting screwed by Enterprise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Irwin-Pennsylvania-15642/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Sounds-too-fishy-for-me-Irwin-Pennsylvania-966606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121109-001916 in the subject line.

Gillian T.