Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent a car

Enterprise Rent a car
lawrence Kansas Lawrence, Kansas United States of America

Enterprise Rent a car Accident report Lawrence, Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

I rented a car from enterprise last month and rented another one after that. I usually drop the keys in the dropbox after the weekend.  Suddenly today (almost after a month and a rental car later) I received a call saying that the 'last month's' car was damaged and had a crack on the front bumper.

Why did this not show up when I personally went to their office the following weekend to book a car? I cant make sense of this.
I was initially told that it was involved in an accident. When I refused to accept any such claims and demanded information of the other party, I was told that the other party is still in the process of filing the claim.

I asked if there is a police report and no answer was given. I was told that this might be a mistake and I ll be contacted shortly about the damage claims.

I looked online for the email address from which I received the email (after the tel call) and found out that there have been other ppl who have been thru this before with the exact same accident damage. I am not sure what I need to do. I have not provided them my insurance info. they have other details - address, tel no, email id.

I traced back the first called and she was apparently calling from an office in Oklahoma. I live in lawrence kansas and have never even been to OK. I called the local enterprise office and they told me that no body of that name works with enterprise.

I am not sure how to proceed on this. I might report my statement to the police if they call me again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-car/Lawrence-Kansas-66046/Enterprise-Rent-a-car-Accident-report-Lawrence-Kansas-882636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (USA)

Weve taken note of your complaint. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your "DX" or damage claim number, your rental agreement number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 120515-000965 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,