Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

• Updated: Tue, June 18, 2013

• Reported By: SK, from Sterling — Sterling Virginia
Enterprise Rent A Car
4 Cardinal Park Dr SE Leesburg, Virginia USA

Enterprise Rent A Car Complete scam; taking advantage of Customers Leesburg Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

I've rented cars over the years, but I've never come across a company that so clearly is trying to take advantage of a person and get money out of them or their insurance provider. It surprises me now that I have been scammed and doing my research, how many Enterprise Rent A Cars actually have been flagged for doing this same sort of thing (over and over again). My story...I was rear-ended and used an auto body shop to which this Enterprise was connected. The repairs took three weeks and after return of the rented car, I received a call the next morning asking if I was in a car accident because there was a lot of damage to the front of the vehicle. I was shocked...I raced out to see what this damage was. Are you ready??? There was no damage. They claimed that there were dents to the front, then it was a dimple per the rep ("do you see this dimple down here on the bottom of the bumper?"). [continued below]....

..... I had to get on my hands and knees to see what she was referring and then took 20 photos and could barely capture said dimple. The long of the short; they filed a claim to get the under part of the bumper fixed. Said it was $600. If I could post a photo, I would. It's appalling that these individuals/and companies continue to take advantage of individuals, but also the insurances to which they represent. It's a scam that continues to occur and well known about, but yet not addressed. Why because it's easier to pay off the cost then to argue or fight the claim. I have photos upon photos to proof there was absolutely no damage, but again...

Anyway, I just wanted to pass along my story so that you do your research about the rental place, clearly photograph the car before renting (top to bottom). If you question my report, please check for yourself...search Google "Enterprise + Scam". It will surprise you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Leesburg-Virginia-20175/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Complete-scam-taking-advantage-of-Customers-Leesburg-Virginia-1059972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (130620-001435) the subject line.