stick

• Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: Jesse — Orlando Florida United States of America
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Philadelphia Airport Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Enterprise Rent-a-Car Enterprise More Fishy Business at Enterprise Rent-a-car in Philadelphia Aiport Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

On Oct. 13, 2011, I picked up my Enterprise rental car (at PHL) after the obligatory hard-sell on the car rental insurance (I declined). The helpful agent and I reviewed the exterior of the car and found no noticeable damage.

During my three day rental, the car driven without incident and stored in a home garage at night.

Upon return of the vehicle at the Philadelphia Airport on Oct. 16th, I watched a customer argue with a manager over a questionable damage claim.

As this argument was finishing, another agent circled my car multiple times looking for damage. As if watching a bad movie with horrible foreshadowing, the agent called over the same manager (Michelle) and pointed at my hood. I could only smile.

Upon leaning down and catching just the right reflection of sunlight, four small dimples were visible on my hood. I was asked if I knew anything about this "damage. [continued below]....
....."

Here's a video of my rental car:

I explained that (a) no damage was done to my car while in my possession and (b) neither I or the original agent noticed these dimples.

If I rented the same car today and saw these dimples, I still wouldn't have noted these on any report (so small). If I looked hard enough, I could probably find 10 more like it.

Everything about my experience, from start to finish, just smelled like a revenue opportunity for Enterprise. I wouldn't be surprised if agents/managers were compensated based on these faulty damage claims.

Here's another report from the PHL airport just a few days ago:

I haven't heard from Enterprise Rent-a-car yet on my damage claim yet, but I refuse to pay anything for this claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Enterprise-More-Fishy-Business-at-Enterprise-Rent-a-car-in-Philadelp-790183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-a-Car