Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-a-Car

Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Downtown Philadelphia philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise Rent-a-Car Rental Car Damage Repair Scam Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

I rented a car from Enterprise last September, drove it home from downtown, and returned it the next day.  Was not involved in a collision of any kind.

When I returned the car the next day, the attendant pointed out some small scratches on the bumper.  I'd not noticed them on the inspection, but knew that it was my fault for not looking more closely.  I signed a statement that I had not been in an accident of any kind, but that I acknowledged the scratches were there when I returned the vehicle.  The attendant released the hold on my credit card, as the damage was so minor he felt it would not reach the level of my $500 insurance deductible.

A few weeks later, I get a bill in the mail for $1500!  Mostly for repairs to the rear quarter panel, which was not damaged when I returned the vehicle.  I emailed them back asking for documentation.  After another month, I got a call from a blocked number claiming to be an Enterprise Rep.  He told me their review determined that the bumper damage was not my fault but that I would still be billed for the quarter-panel damage.  This made no sense to me, and again I asked for the documentation.

No documentation was sent, but months later I get another threatening email.  "Pay up or be reported!".  And I get another call from a blocked number with the same threats.  Meanwhile, the claims adjuster assigned to my case at Enterprise refuses to answer my calls or return my messages.

Clearly this is a scam and Enterprise damage recovery is a profit center.  They slipped up and admitted that I was not responsible for the damage they documented, but are still trying to bully me into paying for unrelated repairs.  The fact that they call from blocked numbers and refuse to answer requests for supporting documentation just goes to show how shady the whole operation is.  Reading the multiple similar reports on this website, always starting with minor scratches to the bumper that were covered with dirt when the renter initially took possession of the vehicle makes it clear to me that this is their mode of operation.  Never trust the attendant (or Enterprise) - always check the bumper carefully, insist it be washed, take your own pictures if necessary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19101/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-Rental-Car-Damage-Repair-Scam-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1125336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-a-Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location, current phone number, rental agreement number, claim number and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (140221-002015) the subject line.