Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent a Car

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: Crunch — San Diego California
Enterprise Rent a Car
1822 GARNET AVENUE San Diego, California USA

Enterprise Rent a Car,ERAC, EAN Holdings Inc Lent car out to a careless uninsured driver who caused an accident- then refused to cooperate with the victim of the crash San Diego California

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*Consumer Comment: Do YOU Have Insurance???

A car turned left and crashed into me on August 13, 2013. The driver apologized profusely and offered to pay for the repairs out of pocket, or do the work himself as he owns a body shop.  He refused to tell me who the owner of the car was or insurance information because it was a rental and he wanted to do a quickie repair on it himself and slide under the radar.

I brought my car to his shop, but we could not agree on the repair details and I decided to have the work done elsewhere.  I got three honest estimates from three legit shops that do legit repairs and have relationships with legit insurance companies.  He felt that the quotes were too high and since he could do a quick crappy repair job for cheaper, he refused to pay me for my damages unless I let him or one of his "buddies" do the repair.  He offered me $1000 to go away, or a "couple hundred" if I let him do the repair. [continued below]....

.....  $1000 is not enough to repair my car through a legit, reputable body shop.

When we agreed to disagree on who I will have do the repair, he continued to refuse to give me insurance information, and refused to tell me who he rented the car from.  I told him I would go to the police.  He asked me to quit threatening him.  So, we hung up and I called the police, who asked me to go to the station and file a hit and run report for the refusal to provide registration and insurance information.

At the station, the police told me that the car is owned by Ean Holdings, Inc.,  aka Enterprise Rent a Car.  I called the roadside assistance number for Enterprise and let them know about the accident.  The friendly gal on the other end of the line told me that my report is strange, given that the car was not officially rented out on the day of the accident.  She gave me the phone number of the branch that the car was issued to.

I called the branch and was transferred to a manager who said he was not aware of the accident. I was suspicious because he did not get excited until I told him that the car was involved in yet another accident while in the possession of the same driver that crashed into me. He informed me that the car was not covered by an Enterprise car rental policy and that any damage would be the responsibilty of the driver of the car.  He also told me that they had no insurance details on file for that driver either.  He then told me that he was going to call the other driver and get his side of the story and his insurance details.

Do not be surprised to hear that I never received a call from the branch manager regarding my accident, and he never took a damage report as he is supposed to do.

I have rented a few cars in the past, and have always been required to give my insurance details to the rental agency.  I have a hard time believing that in 2013, when car insurance is a legal requirement, that Enterprise would lend out cars to uninsured drivers.

If Enterprise is lending out cars to uninsured careless drivers that cause accidents, I am sensing gross negligence, and I highly recommend that you guys get to the bottom of this.  In the meantime, I also recommend that somebody calls me to resolve this asap.  You can imagine that my patience is wearing thinner everytime I sit down in my smashed up car.

sensinggross negligence.  Enterprise should be counting their lucky stars that nobody was killed in this accident.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/San-Diego-California-92109/Enterprise-Rent-a-CarERAC-EAN-Holdings-Inc-Lent-car-out-to-a-careless-uninsured-driver-1079184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care@enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (130827-000980) the subject line.

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Crunch,

Thank you for your post concerning your car damage.  My name is Katherine and I am a Social Monitoring Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you.  Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, the branch location of the rental car involved, and all the details so we can follow up with you directly.  Please also type reference number 130826-002410 in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,

Katherine

Social Monitoring Coordinator

Enterprise Rent A Car

Do YOU Have Insurance???

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If so, why are you messing around with this, generating excess stomach acid etc?  Turn the entire matter over to YOUR insurance company.  They will go after him or them and make you whole.  That's what you pay them for, right?