Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Updated: Tue, December 24, 2013

• Reported By: Annoyed — Santa Cruz California
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
2724 Soquel Ave., Ste. A Santa Cruz, California USA

Beware!!! Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Santa Cruz... Expect terrible customer service, lack of available vehicles, dirty condition Santa Cruz California

*Author of original report: Already contacted you via customer service website

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Customer Care

I was given a "free" car rental when my car was at a local auto body shop, but I should never have accepted! First of all, they arrived in an over sized SUV and said I could switch vehicles later. As I was about to drive the Enterprise employee back from the auto body shop, I mentioned that I didn't have comprehensive insurance and that I felt uncomfortable driving their large truck without additional insurance. No problem, I was told. Sign here and here and we'll make sure the insurance company covers it. They always do! Well, they don't and now I don't get my deposit back and probably even owe them money. Hmm. Two days in, I took my son down there to downsize into something more reasonable at a time I was told many sedans would come in (late afternoon on a Friday). Well, we waited FOREVER and had to stick with the SUV. By the way, the inside was yucky. It looked like someone vomited on the back window from the inside (or some other bodily fluids) and there was red and brown stains. I did my best to clean these up before returning the vehicle so that I wouldn't be held responsible for someone else's mess. So, the ripoff report for being passed around, ignored, given the wrong vehicle, made to wait, and worst of all, not given the deposit back. I'm disabled on a fixed income, so what a crappy thing to do right before Christmas. These guys need a serious wake up call. Go elsewhere if at all possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2013 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-A-Car/Santa-Cruz-California-95062/Beware-Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-in-Santa-Cruz-Expect-terrible-customer-service-lack-o-1109714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Already contacted you via customer service website

AUTHOR: Annoyed - ()

I already tried contacting you guys by web well over a week ago. And NO REPLY. I have now written a letter to your president of Enterprise Holidings, Inc., Pamea Nicholson as well as the local branch manager, Gary. Still, if you want me to dig up some rental paperwork and give your website another go, fine. Still, your service is lacking in a MAJOR WAY.

Enterprise Customer Care

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131226-001695 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,