Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent a Car

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: don — toledo Ohio
Enterprise Rent a Car
5105 Alexis Rd #07 sylvania, Ohio USA

Enterprise Rent a Car AKA Clerac LLC charged for unneeded insurance sylvania Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*Consumer Comment: Right...Blame Them For What YOU Did!

On June 17, 2013 I was involved in an auto accident (not my fault).  After dropping off my car at the repair shop I went to Enterprise Rent a car in sylvania, Ohio.  My insurance company had informed me that since I was not at fault for the accident that I would not have to pay for the rental. I had about a half hour to get to work from the rental place.  Yes the employees were friendly and quick. Perhaps too quick.  As it turns out, when I went to return the car 2 weeks later (after my car was repaired) I find out that I had initialed some boxes that say I want to purchase some additional insurance (damage waiver, personal accident insurance, roadside assistance protection).  These are things I never would have knowingly purchased had I not been in a rush and had the rental person properly explained to me that I would be charged extra. (these are things my insurance already covers) (yes, I do fault myself for being in a rush and not taking more time)  Most of what I remember is the rental person giving me some papers and telling me to sign on the "X" and initial all these boxes she had circled.   I am NOT a happy camper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car/sylvania-Ohio-43615/Enterprise-Rent-a-Car-AKA-Clerac-LLC-charged-for-unneeded-insurance-sylvania-Ohio-1064714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a Car

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Don,

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130706-000734 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Carol H.

Social Media

Enterprise Rent A Car

Right...Blame Them For What YOU Did!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Here we go again...the classic case of somebody screwing up then blaming everyone else!  YOU signed a contract which legally binds YOU to the terms and conditions of the contract.  In the process of being presented with the contract, YOU decided to check the boxes WITHOUT reading what YOU were doing.  They are the merchant.  Their job is to provide the services for the price you accept along with the conditions of the sale.  They aren't your financial advisor, your mother, your friend or your attorney.  If YOU are old enough to sign the contract, then YOU are old enough to know what YOU are doing.  Next time, read what YOU are obligating YOURSELF to before YOU sign the contract!  Don't waste your time crying "you must work for them", because you have no rebuttal.