Complaint Review: enterprise rent a car

• Submitted: Thu, June 03, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, June 03, 2010

• Reported By: bobby — Quincy Florida United States of America
enterprise rent a car
mahan drive tallahassee, Florida United States of America

enterprise rent a car rodents in the company tallahassee, Florida

n 2/28/2010  I got picked up by representative of Enterprise rent a car,  at Tallahassee ford (Tallahassee fl)where I had had my POV towed due to maintenance need.
  I had the vehicle until the evening of 03/02/2010.  On that date I drove the vehicle (Kia), back to enterprise rentacar on Mahan Drive in Tallahassee fl.  The vehicle was inspected by Enterprise associate, and then driven to the back of the building.  There was no noted damage at that time, and the vehicle was functioning fine.  I was then transported ( by enterprise representative) to Tallahassee ford,and retrieved my vehicle.

Some time later I received a communication from enterprise that there was some damage noted to the vehicle that i was responsible for.  Evidently a "Rodent" had chewed through the ignition coil wire. This vehicle was functioning without problem when returned.  Could not run with severed coil wire! Looking at "damage recovery claim, I noted that the said damage was noted on Feb. 19 2010.  I did not have the car on this date. I was told by caller that it would be investigated.

After their investigation I was informed that they had changed( corrected) the dates on the claim and Were pursuing me for payment of this claim.
  They did not explain how I could be responsible for rodent damage.  which would be incapacitating to the functioning of the vehicle, after I had returned the vehicle in
normal operational condition.  I repeat this vehicle was returned in working condition; and included in the request for "damage recovery": was a charge for towing vehicle to a repair facility.  I repeat this vehicle was functioning normally when returned.
  This is an obvious rip -off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2010 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/enterprise-rent-a-car/tallahassee-Florida-/enterprise-rent-a-car-rodents-in-the-company-tallahassee-Florida-609833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on enterprise rent a car