Complaint Review: Enterprise Rental Car

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: pregnant and furious — Baltimore Maryland
Enterprise Rental Car
5530 Baltimore National Pike Catonsville, Maryland USA

Enterprise Rental Car Being charged for damage I didn't do! Catonsville Maryland

I was rear ended and the insurance company of the other driver paid for a rental car at Enterprise while my car was being repaired.  I picked up a rental car at Enterprise, 5530 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, MD  21228 on 10/1/13.  The Mazda 5 I was given was banged up, scratched, cigarette burns in the seat, stains on the seats and filthy.  I was walked around the car for 30 seconds and asked to sign.  There were so many dents and scratches it would be impossible to write them all down and the sales person, Katie, did not write anything down.

I returned the vehicle October 4 at 4:30pm after work.  Katie went out to sign off on the vehicle and came back to tell me there were dents that I was responsible for!  This was a complete lie.  The dents were above the driver's door, which is above my eye level, as the Mazda 5 is like the size of a mini van.  I was so upset and frustrated that I was being accused of doing this damage.  As stated above, this vehicle with Florida tags (I rented in Maryland) had major damage already and this had to be pre-existing damage.  She told me I was to blame and I will be paying for it.  I am 6 months pregnant and became very sick at this point.  Katie was very unsympathetic and just stated an estimate will be done and sent to my insurance company and that I will have to pay my deductible.

This whole incident, especially since the reason the vehicle was rented because I was the victim of another car hitting me the week before, was traumatic and I left the office in tears.  She said the inspection reports taken in Maryland did not mention the dents.  I told her to please check the Florida records, since the vehicle was driven here from Florida.  She did not seem to care about that and again blew me off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rental-Car/Catonsville-Maryland-21228/Enterprise-Rental-Car-Being-charged-for-damage-I-didnt-do-Catonsville-Maryland-1090042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rental Car