Complaint Review: Enterprise Rental Car

• Updated: Thu, October 10, 2013

• Reported By: BillyMack — santa monica California
Enterprise Rental Car
2700 lincoln blvd santa monica, California USA

Enterprise Rental Car the do NOT drop you off after you've paid the bill! santa monica California

I live in Santa Monica and have rented from Enterprise for the last ten years. But no more. My car was totalled and I needed a rental car so I went to my local Enterprise on Lincoln Blvd and Ocean Park in Santa Monica and I rented a car. I was told by my insurance company and attorney that I did not need Enterprise Insurance and that my insurance company wouldn't cover it. I tried to tell the people at Enterprise this but they made it seem like I really needed it so I got it. Went back a week later after my attorney told me again that I did not need insurance for the rental car that I was already covered. Told Enterprise the same thing but again they said I was really taking a risk and since I had just been in an auto accident I should now be extra careful knowing first hand that accidents happen. So I kept the insurance coverage. No big deal, ultimately my choice.

After three weeks of renting their car they called and wanted the car back! I spent 900 dollars at Enterprise and they wanted their car so I was forced to go to Hertz Rental Car in Santa Monica, 14th and Santa Monica Blvd which is about 3 miles from Enterprise(Santa Monica) and they would NOT give me a ride to Hertz! They gladly accepted 900 dollars from me-took my transportation-no longer wanted my business and then would not drive me to Hertz, saying they only pick up and drop off within a mile radius! They did offer to call me a cab! Another customer at Enterprise drove me to Hertz!  Never will I rent from Enterprise again- terrible customer service and it's a lie about drop off and pick up-con artists. Oh and...they suggested I go buy a car from their Enterprise Car Sales....that's a whole other story, another CON GAME. I wish the State Atty General would look into this scheme of trickery and deceit!

Here are two article I found on the internet after I was conned by Enterprise: http://consumerist.com/2007/03/13/9-confessions-from-a-former-enterprise-rental-salesman/

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rental-Car/santa-monica-California-90405/Enterprise-Rental-Car-the-do-NOT-drop-you-off-after-youve-paid-the-bill-santa-monica-Ca-1090848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rental Car