Complaint Review: Enterprise

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Eric H. — Fayetteville Georgia
Enterprise
6701 Convair, ste T El Paso, Texas USA

Enterprise Enterprise Rent-A-Car Enterprise Leasing Company - West, LLC Charged for damage to car that did not happen while I was renting it. El Paso Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Customer Care

*Author of original report: Jim

*Consumer Comment: Key Phrases

I've been renting cars for thirty years and have never been charged for any kind of damage until renting from the El Paso airport Enterprise. When I rented the car I picked up the keys and rental agreement at the counter inside the airport. This was quick and easy as I am an Enterprise Plus member. When I went out to the parking lot there were no employees to look over the car with me, and I quickly walked around the car looking for damage in the usual places – doors, quarter panels, and bumpers. I only noticed the usual scratches and small dings. When I returned the car later that day there were 3 people looking it over and one of them noticed a small ding on the passenger side roof, probably from a pebble being thrown up by a truck on the road. I know it didn't happen when I was driving it because I would have heard it. Enterprise charged my credit card $200 plus the rental fee and they have been sending letters demanding full payment for the damages. Oddly, they have never said how much more they think I owe, or shown any evidence of the damage costs or repairs. I have contacted the damage recovery unit and Enterprise corporate office. Both have said they would have someone call me back and haven’t. My last contact was with Kim seven days ago who is supposedly a supervisor whom I contacted through the corporate office number. She said they would check into it and call me back. I’m still waiting. Looking through some of the other reports here makes it apparent that this is not an isolated incident. Their “damage recovery unit” in Dallas seems to be especially aggressive. Stay away from enterprise!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise/El-Paso-Texas-79925/Enterprise-Enterprise-Rent-A-Car-Enterprise-Leasing-Company-West-LLC-Charged-for-damag-1089137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise

Enterprise Customer Care

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Eric H.

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Enterprise.com including your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number, any damage claim number you were given and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131003-001583 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Mitch

Social Media

Enterprise

Jim

AUTHOR: Eric H. - ()

Jim,

Get a life!  You must be one of the enterprise damage recovery employees because you have made the same type of rebuttal for several, if not all, of the many ripoff reports against enterprise.  No car rental comes up more oftern than enterprise/Alamo.

Key Phrases

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

"There were no employees to look over the car with me..." and "I quickly walked around...".  So what you are saying here is this:  you were on the hook for any damage on the car when you brought it back because you did not agree to the damage waiver option.  You looked over the car without taking time to actually examine it and you found certain areas of damage.  Despite the fact you knew you were on the hook for damage, YOU FAILED TO ADVISE the company there was pre-existing damage...damage you saw with your own eyes.  So now you are all upset with THEM because they discovered damage which YOU failed to report.  Even though you knew you were responsible for damage, you were didn't even report pre-existing damage and its all their fault?  This is a joke, isn't it?  No, I don't work for them.