muscle

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: saraw — Elizabeth Colorado
Envoy Mortgage
106 S Harrison Ave, Lafayette, CO ‎ LAfayette, Colorado USA

Envoy Mortgage Worst mortgage experience ever - missed deadlines and incorrect numbers LAfayette Colorado

*Author of original report: Reducing Interest Rate

*UPDATE Employee: Envoy Mortgage Reply

I ended up with Envoy mortgage after the broker I called switched from a very trusted company to Envoy. He called me the day he missed my appraisal deadline and promised that nothing else would be dropped. Unfortunately, I trusted him and let him take my account with him to Envoy. Nearly all deadlines were missed, sometimes multiple times. They failed to lock my rate when I asked them to, and when the issue came up in conversation, the rate had jumped by .625%.  Closing was postponed multiple times due to errors on their end. Instead of telling me it would be a few days, I kept getting promises of "just a few more hours". About three hours before my actual closing from the broker stating I need to bring approximately $4000 more to the table in order to close. When this was looked into, multiple errors were found in the closing paperwork. In the end, I only had to come with a little less than $2000 more than originally planned, but the closing paperwork was still wrong. I was extremely happy when I saw they had sold the mortgage, but once again disappointed at the fact that the actual mortgage payment was wrong. At this point, there is nothing I can do except warn others to not use Envoy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Envoy-Mortgage/LAfayette-Colorado-80026/Envoy-Mortgage-Worst-mortgage-experience-ever-missed-deadlines-and-incorrect-numbers-LA-1069473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Envoy Mortgage

Reducing Interest Rate

AUTHOR: saraw - ()

In response the the statemetn that you reduced the interest rate; I had to bring extra money to the table as well as my real estate agent to buy down the rate. You guys did not lower the rate.

The missed interest rate was not due to a changing interest rate environement, but due to the fact that the lender did not lock the rate the first or second time I requested it.

Envoy Mortgage Reply

AUTHOR: Envoy Mortgage - ()

Envoy Mortgage tries at all times to provide good customer service and works with its borrowers to try to achieve their dream of home ownership. However, this was a new branch and the loan originator didn’t communicate with our borrower as well as he could have. There were significant delays with the appraisals done by third parties that caused the closing to be delayed and there was a changing interest rate environment, all of which was outside of Envoy’s control. While the process did not live up to our usual high standards, we did reduce the borrower’s interest rate significantly to try to make it right. We apologize for the inconvenience and the miscommunication throughout the process.