Complaint Review: epcassist.com

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Gaithersburg
epcassist.com
Internet USA

epcassist.com locked up my browser to sell virus protection Internet

this internet scam company told me I had a virus on my computer with a pop up window that locked up my browser in order to sell me virus protection to unlock my browser , I had someone look at my computer and nothing is wrong with it. Except a locked up browser with there warning on it. I used a different browser and the computer works fine. I spoke to them an the phone and they wanted 249.00 dollars to unlock my browser (safari). But they tell you your computer is infected with a virus or may be infected with a virus. All they do is lock up your browser take your money and unlock your browser.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2014 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/epcassistcom/internet/epcassistcom-locked-up-my-browser-to-sell-virus-protection-Internet-1158919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on epcassist.com