• Report: #22089

• Submitted: Tue, June 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, October 02, 2002

• Reported By:Burlington ct
ephone
1145 Herndon Parkway Herndon, Virginia U.S.A.

ephone telecom ripoff help themselves to your bank account Herndon Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Watch What You Do

I recieved a letter through the mail stating that I was getting a free trial for ten days for a long distance phone company. It said that I had ten days to call and cancel the membership or I will be charged 54.90. I called the number but could not get a hold of anyone. All I got were someones vioce mail. I left a message but of course recieved no answers. I found a email adress on the letter so I emailed stating I never requested this service , had no use for this service and wanted this canceled immediately. I also stated that I wanted to make sure that I DO NOT get charged.

I recieved a letter a little later stating that my account had been canceled and I would not be charged for the 54.90. A week or so later I recieved my bank statement and low and behold there was a charge for the 54.90. I tried to call the number again and of course could not get ahold of anyone. I also emailed again as well. I looked in to the better business burea and found that this company had been known to do this and the worst of it all was that they were not out of business.

I have no idea how they got my account information since I did not authorize this. I have no idea how to get my money back and find how they got my private information.

Lynn
Burlington, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2002 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ephone/Herndon-Virginia-20170/ephone-telecom-ripoff-help-themselves-to-your-bank-account-Herndon-Virginia-22089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ephone

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Watch What You Do

AUTHOR: Valecia - ()

Lynn, I am sorry you feel you were "ripped-off". I on the other hand am a consumer of ephone.

First, let's start by finding out how you received the letter in the mail. YOU gave out your account information to ANOTHER company who in return gave it to SEVERAL companies (not just ephone). This is how they send out for their potential clients.

Secondly, I call directly to ephone on a regular basis. I am on first name terms with the gentleman that deals with my account. I was credited my first month because I too was unaware of how this long distance worked. The numbers they give you will lead you to a voicemail. Someone WILL get back with you. They also have a website with a fax number on it.

Lastly, ephone charges me $54.90 for UNLIMITED long distance (from any phone, anywhere). Maybe you should have approached this with more of a reflection upon yourself giving out your account information. If you think hard enough, I am sure you will recollect giving your information to another company.

I am writing this in hopes that if you dont want your account information given to other companies, then you should pay CLOSE attention to what is being said to you. The original company that gave my information to ephone deceived me. As a result, I ended up with great services for quite some time now with ephone.
Best of Luck