Complaint Review: epiq systems - Bodnar vs Cashstore Instaloans

• Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Cash Store Rip Off Victim — British Columbia Canada
epiq systems - Bodnar vs Cashstore Instaloans
PO BOX 3266 Portland, Oregon United States of America

epiq systems - Bodnar vs Cashstore Instaloans Settlement Administrator for class action in BC Canada have not sent settlement check, called settlement administrator, now saying Jan 15th 2012 Portland, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Parksville Cash Store gave me run around trying to redeem vouchers

*Consumer Comment: Received my cheque

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: no chq yet

*Author of original report: Update By Author

*Consumer Comment: Good news

*Consumer Comment: Cheque not here yet

*Consumer Comment: Me too

Got notified in the beginning of October 2012, be letter that a company out of Portland Oregon, was the settlement administrator over the funds from the class action lawsuit in British Columbia, Canada, "Bodnar vs. Cash Store/Instaloans."  The letter never identified who the company was looking after these funds, i have later come to discover the company is called Epiq Systems.  They have offices all over the United States.  They are claiming that the BC Court hired them as a third party to look after the settlement.  The letter I got in the mail stated that the funds would be mailed out by November 21st, 2012, and vouchers would be incuded as well, that would be redeemable in 2014.  The check never arrived.  I contacted the settlement administrator at the number at the bottom of the letter and they gave me the runaround.  They kept saying give it 7 business days.  I waited even longer, still no check.  To this date no check has arrived.  I asked the settlement administrator to issue me a new check or pay in electronic funds transfer and they refused.  Now they are telling me they have to wait for someone to cash the check or the 15th of January, 2014.  What happend to the check being mailed Novemeber 21st?

Has anyone else has problems getting their settlement cheque?  Have you called the settlement administrator?  Did they give you the same story?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/epiq-systems-Bodnar-vs-Cashstore-Instaloans/Portland-Oregon-97208/epiq-systems-Bodnar-vs-Cashstore-Instaloans-Settlement-Administrator-for-class-action-in-979364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on epiq systems - Bodnar vs Cashstore Instaloans

Parksville Cash Store gave me run around trying to redeem vouchers

AUTHOR: CS Victim - ()

I went into the Parksville Cash Store to redeem the vouchers.  I called before I came in and told the lady I changed my address.  She said not a problem, to write it on the vouchers in the space provided with our phone number.  It also says on the back of the voucher, that if you have changed your address that when you bring the vouchers in just show a government issued ID.  I did this and the girl tried to photo copy it...Said her boss has rules.  I read her the rules from the settlement adminsitrator and that you only photo copy ID if you are sending them registered mail and your address has changed.  I told her Cash Store does not need a copy of my Drivers License.  She said her boss would be calling me Monday.  I told her go ahead.  It seems to me that Cash Store is trying to change the rules on what was stated from the vouchers given out by the settlement administrator.  Now I don't even know if my vouchers will be sent in properly....will they be lost?  I would like to know why Cash Store is stating different policy than what is on the back of the vouchers.  I would also like to know why they want a copy of peoples ID, especially if they aren't getting a loan through them.  Has anyone else out here had problems when turning in their vouchers?  Has Cash Store tried to copy your ID?

Received my cheque

AUTHOR: merrysharidancing - (Canada)

Hello - I received my cheque on Thursday, December 13.  Just to let you know.  I live on Vancouver Island, BC, in Canada

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

no chq yet

AUTHOR: joey tea - (Canada)

I lost my paper stating when the chq"s were suppost to be mailed its tuesday the 11th van island nothing in the mail yet could someone give me a number to call and talk to the settelment admin .  thanks jt

Update By Author

AUTHOR: Cash Store Rip Off Victim - (Canada)

Spoke to someone at the Portland Office.  They said only 10% of the cheques have been cashed.  They said this is weird considering how many cheques went out.  They said the mail can be hanging things up too.  THey also said all the cheques were sent to a third party in Canada and then redistributed to the class action members.  I told this person that this is the first I have heard of this.  They said they can void the first cheque and fed ex a new cheque to me, or wait a few more days and see if the cheque actually arrives.

I still haven't gotten my cheque.  I will wait till Friday and check the mail.  If it isn't there then I am gonna see about having the funds electronically transferred to me.  I am not into waiting around any more.

The guy at the company tried to assure me that their company is not a scam and that they are on the stock exchange, etc.  I want to give Epic Systems an opportunity to correct the sittuation, if they dont I will update further of any more potential problems, if there are any.  Thanks to all of you for your updates too.  If you need help in the right direction respond back on here and I can try to give a few tips.

Good news

AUTHOR: Bex87 - (United States of America)

Hey

Just an update my husband did receive his but I still haven't received mine. Ill keep you guys updated. Hopefully mine is tomorrow. It was a huge package as the vouchers are in 20 increments. I think could only fit the one in mail box and maybe that's why. Hope it helps you guys to know that we're sent.

Cheque not here yet

AUTHOR: merrysharidancing - (Canada)

The cheque is not here yet (Vancouver Island).  I checked mail on Friday.   Waiting patiently. . .:(  What was meant by January 21 date.  I hope that is not the case.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Me too

AUTHOR: Bex87 - (United States of America)

Hi

Ya I still haven't received my settlement cheque either. I called them and they said it was sent. I email a contact I have with the lawyers that were handling settlement. I was told that it may take up to 10 business days and to keep in mind that november 22 and 23 were both days that u.s postal service were not working due to thanksgiving holiday in states. I was also told to keep in mind that Canada post is very busy during holiday season. I'm really praying that there not lying to me because I'm desperate for this money to come in. The email I was sent also said if I didn't receive it by next week to call epiq systems to inform them. Also I'm wondering about the jan 15 date you talk about in title it says 2012 and later you have 2014z can you clarify the year they told you. Hopefully we all get them soon.