Complaint Review: EquiFirst

• Submitted: Tue, April 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 08, 2008

• Reported By:temecula California
500 Forest Point Circle Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

I had a 1st and a 2nd mortgage loan with First Franklin National City Bank of Indiana. After nearly a year I refinanced my 1st and 2nd loan into one loan using a mortgage broker Home Equity Mortgage. They refinanced my loan with EquiFirst Corporation which seems to be a servicing company for First Franklin because First Franklin recorded with the county that payment was received and reassigned themselves the loan.

Four months after Equifirst took over my loan they sold or transfered the servicing rights to ASC Americas Servicing Company. Equifirst told me to make my payments to ASC and that they were no longer servicing my loan.

I started making my payments to ASC and for some reason there was a problem with Equifirst Corporation receiving my final payments from ASC.

This gave Equifirst Corporation a right to file a Notice of Intent To Foreclose on my home and to take out a forced placed insurance policy in my name and charged me a hugh amount as a result.

I was never late on any mortgage payments and sent my payments to the right addresses and on time.

Americas Servicing Company ASC aka Wells Fargo Home Mortgage stated they had made an error and were correcting the payment.

This was not an error. This was an intentional action and I believe an arrangement that ASC had with Equifirst Corporation in order to tarnish my good credit and the beginings of Foreclosing on my home. Watch out for these companies they are up to no good. Also look up Irwin Home Equity Servicing. I'm turning in a report on them as well. Good Luck.

temecula, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EquiFirst/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28273/EquiFirst-MORTGAGE-SERVICING-FRAUD-NOTICE-OF-INTENT-TO-FORECLOSE-Charlotte-North-Carolin-324546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EquiFirst