Complaint Review: Equinox

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Cindy — Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
Equinox
1285 Baring Blvd. Sparks, Nevada United States of America

Equinox On Facebook I had seen this advertisement and it included another company (Wrinkle Rewind) who at this time is not a part of this complaint. Sparks, Nevada

I decided to try a wrinkle product called Equinox. There is a 14 day trial. They charged me during my free trial and refuse to refund the whole $amt. I ordered Equniox free trial face cream product. I called to cancel within the trial period. 4.25.2013. I received the product 4.15.2013.

When I checked my bank statement online today there was a mess in there. I called my bank to find out what the heck is going on and they said a 99.00 dollar authorization came through, which triggered all kinds of things to happen as I did not have the money in the account. After speaking with them I called the Equinox people back and they told me "you called after the trial period and it states that your trial period starts when you order the product". Well, I told them it was ridiculous! It is a face cream how is a person supposed to get a good idea about it that way! I demanded for them to refund the charge. I even spoke to a Manager and got the same crap!!

I am madder then a wet hen right now about this. I asked them "what kind of scam are you running?? I would have a field day in court with this!! They said they would refund 69.00 charge me 30.00 and want the product back. He stated he was looking at what the T&C says and the trial starts on the day of the order. I looked up the site equnioxdna.com, and it states under Terms and Conditions;

http://www.equinoxdna.com/og/terms_conditions.php; "To help you get started, we offer a 14-days trial of EquinoxDnA with enrollment in our home delivery program. You can try EquinoxDnA risk free to determine for yourself if this product is right for you. When you submit your order, you agree to pay the non-refundable shipping & handling charge of $4.95 for your trial sample. If
you find that the product is not right for you, simply call our Customer Service Center at 1-877-316-1856 or send an email to customerservice@equinoxdna.com to cancel before the end of your 14-day trial period and you will not be charged anything else. Your 14-day trial period begins once the product is delivered. If you do not receive your free trial bottle within five (5) days of ordering, please contact our Customer Service Center or by email at customerservice@equinoxdna.com. Upon cancellation, you do need to return the unused portion."

It states right there the trial does not start until I receive the product ..but he would NOT budge. I am reporting this because I believe it is a scam to get people money even if it is 30.00 dollars at a time!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equinox/Sparks-Nevada-89434/Equinox-On-Facebook-I-had-seen-this-advertisement-and-it-included-another-company-Wrinkl-1046164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equinox